Here's what you can do..
If you can.. clean the chips with a napkin or dry rag with a dab of rubbing alcohol. Also make sure the contacts on the printer itself is clean too..
You can follow these steps to see if it helps with this issue.
(1) Take out the cartridges.
(2) Turn off your printer and unplug it, wait 30 seconds to 1 minute.
(3) Replug your printer and turn it on, (WITHOUT cartridges installed)
(4) Attempt to access the Epson Status Monitor software from your computer WITHOUT any cartridges inserted to activate the cartridge installation procedure. (You can bring it up by sending the printer a print job without cartridges installed.. the monitor will come up)
(5) With Epson Status Monitor up, the screen should say you don't have any cartridges installed and tells you 'How-To' do so, CLICK the HOW TO button, at this point it'll tell you how to install the cartridges.. you really just want to put the cartridges back on, making sure you hear a good click for each cartridge.
(6) Do a final firm push on the cartridges, focusing on the end that has the chips on them.
(7) Now tell the Epson Status Monitor you installed the cartridges and the printer will ˇ°chargesˇ± the ink level to 100%.
See if this works. Let us know.