I have had a 2400 for with a cis for almost ten years. I recently added a second r2400 and purchased a cis system for it as well. The second printer was very lightly used and has been sitting. It came with carts but wasn't printing well. I did some cleaning procedures until all colors were printing with the exception of photo black, which prints at about half saturation.
After installing the cis, I encountered the following issues:
- going left to right, the first four carts primed perfectly and stay primed
- the next four carts will not keep prime. I have tried all techniques in this forum to no avail
- when I run a cleaning cycle, the second four carts do not "pull" ink back through the tubes into the carts, ie, not consuming ink
- when printing a nozzle check, only the first four carts print anything
- when printing a purge page, all the colors print EXCEPT yellow, which was working before. And black is still at half saturation.
- do I have four faulty carts?
- since only four carts print when doing a nozzle check, is there a driver issue? (I have recently downloaded an updated app)
- why did yellow work before (oem cart) and now it isn't working at all?
- any ideas on getting the black up to full saturation?
thank you for your help