Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 04, 2016, 01:04:30 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Start Here
| | |-+  MG6620
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: MG6620  (Read 25 times)

perfessor

« on: November 20, 2016, 11:59:31 AM »

2 Questions/Problems.

1 - I have refilled my cartridges a couple times now, but I cannot get the ink levels to reset to show 'full'. I've taken the cartridges out and replaced them as stated in the video on the item page (D03-C250-251-ERFC-K), but that dows not work. Is there another method to reset them?

2 - For some reason, the PGBK cartridge keeps printing in what looks like blurred text or double printing that makes it look blurred. I have done both normal and deep cleaning, with no improvement. The test print for the PGBK prints the lattice - the first 2 and last 2 rows of that lattice are correct, but the center is blurred. I attached a pic of the problem. (cannot upload photo).

Hope someone here has the answers I need.

Thanks for any help.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 12:02:11 PM by perfessor » Logged

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 05:22:26 PM »

To reset the ink levels, you need to wait for one of the colors on the printer to reach zero. This is usually signified by a red "X" on the printer or computer screen. Once you have this happening, all you will need to do is remove and replace the cartridges to reset the ink levels.

As for the colors not printing correctly, is this a refillable cartridge? IF so , make sure you've removed the air vent plug located opposite to where the sponge is located. That will need to be removed at all times in order to print correctly.  If the air vent plug on a refillable cartridge is not removed, the prints will begin to turn faded/smudged/blank on the color.

IF this is for a CIS system, make sure the AIR FILTERS are installed . They are the plastic tips that go in on top of the CIS ink tank reservoirs. If there are not installed, the quality will also begin to fade . If the air filters ARE installed, make sure there is no ink trapped in the filters. Ink trapped inside the filters will make the prints restrict air passing into the cartridge. This will cause the ink quality to also fade. 

To clean the air filters, you can place them inside a cup of warm/hot water for 10-15 min to clear the ink . You can tell if there is ink inside of them , because they are usually clear.

This video here will show you how to prime the cartridges if there are any existing air bubbles inside the lines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i2Ua5cnzsg

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you.
perfessor

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 03:37:39 PM »

Cannot upload image of problem - keep getting a 'Cannot access attachments upload path! ' error on a 79kb image. My 'C' drive.

They are the refillable cartridges and the plugs are all out. Trying to describe what the lattice print looks like isn't easy. It's like a 2 lane road that gets separated by a median strip then rejoins later.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 03:39:31 PM by perfessor » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length