Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 08:40:35 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Epson Printers
| | |-+  Epson NX-420 Refillable Cartridges not working
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Epson NX-420 Refillable Cartridges not working  (Read 2665 times)

Pamela

« on: August 31, 2011, 02:23:35 PM »

Hi All,

I read the forum tutorial, watched the you tube video and the refillable cartridges are simply not working.

It has also rendered the magenta color unusable to even the epson brand cartridges. I've cleaned the spikes with a bit of rubbing alcohol, to no avail.

I took it to the next step and had 2 of my technically inclined coworkers try and make this all work. Also to no avail.

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 04:34:20 PM »

We apologize for the inconvenience. These cartridges are brand new and we have only been selling these for a month.

According to our supplier they should be plug and play.

Typically if the original cartridge does not work then all you need to do is clean the contacts and unplug the printer for a few minutes.

Please email us your contact # so that we can help troubleshoot this issue for you.

Thank you.

lynnz

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 01:02:54 PM »

I am thinking to order the refillable cartridge for my printer Epson NX-420. I just checked the forum and found this post.  Could you let me know if the issue for the customer on this has been solved?  Meaning,  do your product of refillable cartridge for Epson NX-420 work or not?   Since I don't want to return after I order and have the same issue here.   Thanks,
AUTOART

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 05:14:24 PM »

I have the same problem! I have an Epson NX-400 and the red cartridge just refuses to print!!!

I have done everything from cleaning with alcohol also, used a syringe to blow air through the 4 nipples in the machine, toothbrush with alcohol, etc. and NOTHING!

I had this inks fro 2 weeks and they don't work. I do not want to return them. I want them to work!

CIS inks seems to be a good company. They return calls and also keep calling you if you don't reply so I believe their supplier is to blame. Either way they MUST RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM AND POST THE SOLUTION HERE.

I hate to say I am glad I am not the only one because I was going crazy with this problem. By the way, we are an art studio and do publishing in house we also have an Epson 9800 PRO and an Epson 3000 needles to say we are not beginners. We use the NX-400 for color brochures, business cards, etc. small color stuff...but we need it working and so far it hasn't.

Please let me know if you find the solution!

Thanks

Hugo Prado
AutomotiveFineArt.com
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 04:23:51 PM »

@ Pamela

I believe that you haven't exposed the air vent hole on the cartridge, which is why the printer is unable draw ink from the refillable cartridge.  If you look at the original listing where you purchased your item from, there should be a picture that indicates where the air vent hole is located.  There should either be a yellow tape or a plug covering this vent, which has to be removed.  If you have trouble figuring out where this vent is located, please email us your contact number to sales@cisinks.com and we'll be more than happy to resolve this issue or any other issue you might be having. 

@Hugo

In regards to Hugo, he has contacted us and we have been currently working on his printing issue together.  We had two printers here that were giving were also giving us issues, which we ran our own test on.  The first printer is an Epson Workforce 600 that hasn't been used for over 1.5 years because ink wasn't coming out of majority of the nozzles. We have heard of customers using Windex to clear clogged Epson printers and wanted to test this method (because a lot of other websites stated to NOT use Windex or Rubbing Alcohol to clean printheads).  We filled empty refillable cartridges with Windex and put it in the first printer.  We rand 3-4 head cleanings 2-3 times for a day, let it sit over the weekend, then repeated the cleanings two days afterward.  We inserted cartridges with ink afterward, ran a nozzle check (came out bad), head cleaning, nozzle check (still bad) and another head cleaning.  We left the printer alone for 4 hours and ran a couple head cleanings before we left the office.  The next following day, we ran one head cleaning and BAM, the printer was printing clean nozzle checks.  Keep in mind that the printer was sitting for over 1.5 years of non use, so it took a time and patience for us to get the printer working again without us taking the printer apart.  Cheesy

Our second printer is a Artisan 710, which was giving slightly bad nozzle checks.  For this printer, we tried using 2-parts Windex and 1-part 70% rubbing alcohol mixture in some empty refillable cartridges.  We ran 5 head cleanings and printed 10+ test pages to flush out the old ink within the printer (this printer has stationary cartridges and an inner ink line that runs to the printhead).  Once flushed, we inserted ink cartridges, ran about 5 head cleanings and printed 10+ test pages to get the ink to the printhead.  Afterward, we successfully were able to print clean nozzle checks again!   Wink

Hugo purchased his head cleaning kit from a different vendor, who provided him with very little cleaning solution.  It is important to follow their instructions EXACTLY as stated or you might cause damage to your printhead.  We forwarded this information to Hugo, who will now try using the Windex/alcohol solution method to fix his printer.

@ All of our customers

We ALWAYS assist our customers in any way possible.  Sometimes situations are different and require specialized attention.  This forum is designed to take care of majority of the issues, but sometimes you will be unable to find solutions here.  It is best to contact our customer service representatives ASAP if you have any questions or doubts regarding your product.  We are always here to help and will do our best to get back to you asap!  Our email address is sales@cisinks.com

Hope this helps everyone!   Wink
carlc451

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 02:37:40 PM »

I just installed a full set in the NX-420, and it went from needing a new black, to printing absolutely nothing (blank pages).

Cycled power, cleaned contacts, cleaned heads many times - all to no avail.
Have NOT removed the vent plugs ---
H E L P  (Its the Wife's Printer - and she did not want refillable ink cartridges)
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 05:10:17 PM »

Hello CarlC, it appears to me like the air vent plug hasn't been exposed yet. If you look at the top of the cartridges there's a clear rubber plug. Remove the clear rubber plug from all of the cartridges and you will be able to print fine.

-CISInks
decaseman

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 02:04:51 PM »

So I have had no problems with this kit up until two days ago. The magenta will not be recognized. It happened over night too. Printed fine all the way up to the night before, I went to sleep wife woke up and went to print and the magenta will not work. I pulled them all out, cleaned them up, turned off printer, and unplugged. Still the magenta will not work. Took it out to look for cracks none that I can see. Any ideas?
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 02:55:07 PM »

heydecaseman Do you have the refillable catridges? If that's the case, there's a battery behind each chip that can be replaced in order to get the cartridges working again.

Locate the chip at the front of the cartridge and grab the frame that holds the green chip in place and slide it to the left. Flip the chip around and you should see a slot for the battery to replace.
decaseman

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 07:42:31 PM »

lol it would be a battery. I work at a battery store. Only question is how do you get that batter out without destroying the board?
decaseman

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 08:18:03 PM »

new battery made it work
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length