Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 12:59:41 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Start Here
| | |-+  Refillable cartridges
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Refillable cartridges  (Read 1628 times)

raycarroll

« on: October 08, 2011, 03:56:31 PM »

After I refill the cartridges and turn the printer on, the computer shows the cartridges only 25% full. I can see the cartridge can't take any more ink. so why am I getting that message?

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 06:13:43 PM »

Each printer has an internal page counter (especially Epson printers) with a certain page limit, like 400 pages for example. It correlates with the ink levels.  As the number of pages you print or head cleanings you perform increases, the ink levels decreases.  Once you pass this 'page limit', your printer will indicate either that your 'cartridges can't be recognized' or 'cartridges are empty'.  Then you simply remove the cartridges and install them back in.  The 'auto reset chips' will trick the printer to think you installed new cartridges.  This in turn will reset your ink levels to full.

You can not reset the ink levels to full whenever you want to and can only reset it once it goes all the way down to 0%.  So in your situation, the ink cartridge was at 25% (according to the ink status monitor) and you refilled it before it hit 0%, so it remained at 25%.  It is best to wait until your printer tells you to remove the cartridges and refill it then.  Let us know if you need any further questions or concerns and we'll be more than happy to help!
raycarroll

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 05:07:45 PM »

I didn't refill the cartridges until the printer quit printing and the ink levels were blanked out. I then turned the printer off, refilled each cartridge, replaced them and turned the printer back on. The ink levels then showed about 25% full. Should I turn the printer (Epson Artisan 835) off, remove the cartridges, replace the cartridges and turn it back on again?
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 03:38:54 PM »

So at this point, it seems you are able to print but the link levels are at 25% based on your ink status monitor.  I suggest to use your printer normally until you one of the colors reach 0% and you encounter the 'cartridge recognition' error problem on your computer screen.  Then walk through the onscreen procedure to remove the cartridge and refill the cartridge for that color only.  After you put that cartridge into your printer,, the printer should go through the 'charging phase' and the ink level for that color should go back to 100%.  What I was trying to emphasize in the last message was that you can't arbitrarily reset the ink levels whenever you want to.  If you sill encounter any problems, please send us an e-mail to sales@cisinks.com with your phone number so we can figure this out together.  Hope you have a great weekend!

CisInks.com
Customer Service Team
raycarroll

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 01:32:03 PM »

The printer (Epson Artison 835) does not say "refill cartridge". I get no message at all and it just won't print. The ink level is greyed out.  This happened when I refilled all the cartridges the first time and when I checked the levels it showed about 25% full or less. I'm beginning to think something might be wrong with the refillable cartridges. Is this possible?
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 03:58:08 PM »

Maybe, but it is highly unlikely.  There might be something wrong with the chips.  You can try to take the cartridges out, turn off your printer and unplug it.  Then clean the chips with rubbing alcohol and a napkin.  Afterward, plug the printer back in, turn it on and wait for your printer to detect that there are no cartridges inside of the printer.  Then install the cartridges back into your printer.  This should resolve your 'greyed out' ink levels. 

Once again, in situations like this, it is best to email us at sales@cisinks.com with your contact info and we can help you out over the phone.  Hope you have a great weekend!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length