An inkjet printer has a replaceable component called inkjet cartridges that contain the ink used for printing on paper. Official cartridges are costly to replace and do not contain efficient amounts of ink. Continuous ink system
(CIS) [also called continuous flow system (CFS)] delivers large volumes of ink into a small inkjet cartridge, thus eliminating the limited ability of single-cartridge printing. It is used by many businesses for increasing the speed and volume of printing capacity. An ink reservoir separate from the print cartridge helps in easily replacing or refilling the ink tank while printing is in progress. The users can also make use of aftermarket inkjet inks as well as specialty inks for black and white printing or for printing on T-shirts.Continuous ink systems
have a barometric pressure design. As the front tank is vented to the atmosphere there is a negative air pressure in the back. A standard level of printer ink
in the reservoirs allows smooth flow of the ink into the cartridges, supplying a constant amount of ink ready to be printed out. This system started on a commercial wide format, but as the inkjet market picked up momentum the home and office inkjet market also benefited from it. It is one of the oldest technologies in printing.Advantages Of Using Continuous Ink System:
Criteria For Inkjet Printers Using Continuous Ink System:
- Bulk refill ink is cheaper than ink cartridges. For the cost of one set of official cartridges, you will receive enough ink to print 5x the same amount. The continuous ink supply system (CISS) ink is cost effective for the user.
- As there is no cartridge to be replaced, there is no plastic waste left. This is environmental friendly as well.
- It is time-saving as swapping of cartridges is not necessary.
- The maintenance cost is very low and the printing function is continuous as there is no dependency on replacing the cartridge.
- It delivers large volume of prints in lesser time.
It is easier to find a CIS kit for inkjet printers if they meet the following criteria:
- The printer should have a separate cartridge for each color.
- The print head should be separate from the cartridge.
- The printer should not use any of the latest technology in chip design
The printer cartridges from the original manufacturers are very expensive. This makes the consumers search for alternate options like bulk ink systems
or standalone third-party refillable cartridges
. These options are both cost-effective and environmentally-friendly in cases where large printing volumes are required. The refilling is simple and can easily be done by anyone with steady hand. Many manufacturers discourage consumers from using the third party supplied inks as they may vary in quality when compared to the original manufacturers, while stating this impacts the life and quality of prints as well. This is just a scare tactic used by the major printer manufacturers to scare consumers into purchasing their highly expensive ink cartridges.
The typical operating cost in Continuous Ink System
is 1/10 of the normal cost. There is a wide variety of CIS kits available in the market. However identifying the right fit for the printer in use requires time and research. Undoubtedly, continuous ink system and refillable cartridges are the most useful and cost effective ink solutions for consumers and are here to stay.Resource Box: www.CISinks.com
is a search engine site for the supplier of Continuous Ink System. It also supplies bulk ink, refillable cartridges, CSS ink for the various inkjet printers in the market.