Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 03:22:07 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Hewlett-Packard Printers
| | |-+  Not able to reprime yellow for HP 6000
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Not able to reprime yellow for HP 6000  (Read 2131 times)

amandap24

« on: November 04, 2011, 02:43:44 PM »

Hello,
Purchased 2 CIS systems for the HP 6000. they both worked great for about a week, but now I am having issues.

Have had a problem finding the right height to place the reservoir tanks so that the ink goes into the cartridges. Too low, no flow, too high and ink flows out everywhere.
Any suggestions for placement? I currently have them sitting behind the printer at the same height as the cartridges inside.

I also have a problem with one of the systems in particular. The yellow tank will not prime. I successfully primed all the other colors when the ink had run out in the cartridges because I had the reservoirs too low. The yellow will not prime. There is still ink in the cartridge, but the yellow is not printing, and when I try to prime with the syringe following the instructions, no ink movement at all.

Any suggestions?
Thank you.

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 06:40:10 PM »

We ALWAYS recommend to keep the ink tank reservoir on the same surface as the printer, despite the fact that the bottom of the reservoir is lower than the cartridges.  This eliminates any chance of the tanks being higher than the cartridges, which will allow gravity to pull down on the ink and cause it to leak into your printer.  The speed of the leak will correlate to the distance of the height of the tanks in relation to the cartridges.  In other words, the higher the tanks, the faster the ink will leak. 

In order for you to prime any CIS systems that utilize a sponge-type cartridge, there are two methods you can choose to do.  One method involves using a vacumm syringe, whereas the other uses a regular syringe by using the "flood" priming method.  Here are the relative videos for each type:

Method 1: Vacumm Syringe Priming
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i2Ua5cnzsg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i2Ua5cnzsg</a>

Method 2: Regular Syringe Priming using Flood Method
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg2lk4lou2Q" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg2lk4lou2Q</a>

I hope this information was able to help you out.  If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to email us your order number and contact information and one of our customer service representatives will contact you during our normal business hours.  Hope you have a great weekend! 
amandap24

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 11:34:48 AM »

Turned out there was a plug in the hose between the tanks and the ink cartridges. Removed the hose and ran a wire through to remove the dried up ink. Really messy procedure. Once the plug was removed I was able to reprime the yellow.
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 08:18:22 PM »

You mean you ran a wire through the small plastic piece that connects the cartridges to the tubing, correct? If so, that would have been the next step if you were unable to prime it. Glad it worked out for you!! Cool
amandap24

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 04:28:51 PM »

No, ran the wire through the hose itself. The plugged up area was about halfway up the hose. The connector between the tanks and hose was not clogged.
ink-solutions

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 12:27:22 AM »

Hello all.. I have problems with a HP 6000 with CISS as well.. The ink just flows into the printer an it not printing, just messing up the paper. I dont know what next to so i took the CISS off.. What was i doing wrong, why did it not work for me ?
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 07:46:28 PM »

Hello Ink-solutions. Do you have your ink tanks sitting higher than the base of the printer? That's usually the common thing when it comes to the ink leaking onto the interior of the printer.

If not, I suggest you pull out all of your cartridges and shake them up on a piece of paper and confirm that the sponge inside of the cartridge is moist and full of ink. If it's not, then the sponge is dried out and you will have to detach the cartridge from the tubing and attempt to moisten the sponge by flushing all of the ink out and moistening the sponge. Be careful with this step and do not get the chip on the cartridge wet as it could possibly damage it. If the sponge is moist and you can visually see ink in there, then run a few head cleaning followed by a nozzle check to see what nozzles are printing correctly.

If you would like more help with this feel free to send us an e-mail with a summary of your issue to : sales@cisinks.com . We'll be more than glad to look into this for you.  Cool
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length