Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 11:12:18 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Epson Printers
| | |-+  Epson Stylus Photo 1400 - CIS ink tubes bind and catch at left side
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 - CIS ink tubes bind and catch at left side  (Read 2101 times)

T-Form1

« on: December 12, 2011, 09:05:00 PM »

Anyone have experience with this machine? I installed as per the Youtube video with the ink tanks to the the left. However, the CIS ink tubes bind and catch at the left side when the print head travels underneath the plastic casing out of sight, to the left of the open area. (not the lid, the casing). I'm afraid the tubes will wear away at that point within days of using this system. The plastic casing is not smooth at that point.

Oh, and my model has an entirely different ink cartridge hinge system for the cover - which snapped on the right side when I was removing it.

And the buyer's remorse begins.....   Cry

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
jcfromnj

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 05:45:56 PM »

Yep, the 1400 is not a good candidate for the CIS system, it's not built that well to handle the setup of a CIS
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 04:27:36 PM »

Have you searched on youtube and see if there are other methods that might be better than others?  We always try to find the best method that doesn't require you to grind or cut into the printer housing, but sometimes that's the only choice you have if you want the hoses to run smoothly.   Sad

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=1400+ciss&oq=1400+ciss&aq=f&aqi=g-m1&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=872l4054l0l4182l12l11l1l0l0l0l209l1360l2.7.1l10l0
T-Form1

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 10:07:50 AM »

I ended up applying some adhesive backed velcro patches to the casing overhang on the areas where the tubes smack against them. (The soft, fuzzy part of the velcro, not the nylon eyelet part). It seems to cut down on the noise and cushions the impact of the tubes. For now, this seems to work.
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 04:29:32 PM »

If you aren't worried about maintaining your printer's warranty, you can use a dremel tool to cut into the housing so the tubing won't rub against it.  With this printer being a wide-format printer, it is a bit more difficult to install a CIS system into. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length