Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 06:50:37 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Start Here
| | |-+  How to purge CIS A for Epson r200
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How to purge CIS A for Epson r200  (Read 1946 times)

ratcheson

« on: January 02, 2012, 10:39:31 PM »

I installed a new set for the Epson R200 several months ago and it was so nice.  It just worked!  Now I seem to have air in the lines and after looking at all the videos I could find only one that showed my set.  It used a large syringe with an apparent Y valve setup to suck the air from the cartridge via the individual tanks.  My unit came with a single 10ml syringe and a needle.

My question is how do i purge the air using that syringe. Did I get the wrong syringe setup? The cartridges do not seem to have any provision for sucking the air out via that route. Are they missing something?

Thanks.

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 08:16:47 PM »

Hello There. In order to prime the cartridges you would have to remove a plug that sits at the top of the cartridges, close to where the tubing is attached to the cartridge. You must remove that clear round plug and that will expose a hole. Grab your syringe and stick the syringe(without the needle) into that hole to create an air tight seal. Once the air tight seal is created you are able to draw some air out from the cartridges. If you end up drawing a lot of ink, simply toss the ink back into the appropriate ink tank.

If you're not able to pull any of the air out then it will mean that the small plastic piece that connects the tubing onto the cartridges might have a clog, in that case should call our support line and we can send out replacement parts for you.  Smiley
andrebarriere

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 04:30:05 PM »

Hi, I just installed the CISS Ink system on my Epson Stylus Photo R220 and the yellow cartridge wont fill. All the others work fine and it prints beautifully. I cleaned up the heads many, many, many times and the ink doesn't flow in the tube. Before I installed the system I made sure that all the heads were working fine and it did. It does print but no yellow. I made sure the tubes are not pinched or anything else and have the ink recipient leveled with the printer. So I'm a little confuse here and I'm looking forward to get a little help.

Thank you so much

Cheers

André
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length