Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 02:17:56 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Canon Printers
| | |-+  WARNING! Beware of installing kit's cartridge gaskets in MP500
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: WARNING! Beware of installing kit's cartridge gaskets in MP500  (Read 1153 times)

GHowl

« on: February 12, 2012, 03:11:42 PM »

Receive the refillable cartridges and ink, watched the installation video and install everything exactly as shown - including inserting the supplied gaskets in the print head before inserting new cartridges. Started the printer and had all sorts of grinding noises inside the printer and alarms on the printer. Tried re-seating the print head and cartridges multiple times and got it to try to print once without an alarm shutting the printer down, but ended up with a terrible paper jam between the platen and print head.

Decided to take the refillable cartridges out and put the old Canon OEM cartridges back in to see if the problem went away. As I was taking out the gaskets that came with the kit I decided to give it one more try with the refillable cartridges without the gaskets installed. Guess what! Everything work just the way it was suppose to. Evidently just the thickness of those gaskets cause the print head mechanism to rub against the platen or something else and the grinding was the ribbed belt slipping as it was moving print head and when it didn't cause an alarm before it tried to print, the print head was was so misaligned vertically the paper wouldn't go between the print head and platen without jamming.

Just thought sharing this experience might help somebody else from going through the grief it caused me!   

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 04:52:02 PM »

Thank you for the post GHowl!  This is the first time we have heard of the gaskets (which is provided with our Canon Refillable Cartridge Kits) causing the cartridges to lift up higher than normal and jam up the printer.  I would assume the height of the gaskets are insignificant enough to not cause this problem. 

Please be aware of the original of the Canon stock gaskets inside of the Canon printheads as well.  When we were cleaning our Canon printhead, we used needle-nose pliers to remove the Canon gaskets to clean it out thoroughly. 
GHowl

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 10:42:23 PM »

Well...I think you forgot to include in your installation instructions to remove the original gaskets with needle nose pliers before installing those that came in the kit. After removing the gasket that came with the kit and reinstalled the cartridges everything has worked fine and I'm very pleased with the performance of the cartridges.

I saved the gaskets that came in the kit and if the cartridges ever have a leakage problem I'll pull out the originals and replace them with yours. It may have seemed obvious to the person writing the installation instruction that the old gaskets had to be removed because they were so familiar with the procedure, but I even watched the YouTube installation video and it didn't show him removing the old gaskets.

Thanks for the clarification and, as I said above, I'm very pleased with the performance of the cartridges.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length