Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2014, 11:02:07 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Epson Printers
| | |-+  UPDATING EPSON PRINTER FIRMWARE - MAKES ARC CHIPS INCOMPATIBLE
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: UPDATING EPSON PRINTER FIRMWARE - MAKES ARC CHIPS INCOMPATIBLE  (Read 3497 times)

cisinks
Administrator

« on: February 28, 2012, 02:40:47 PM »

We have heard that Epson uses firmware as a new tactic to render Auto-Reset Chips (ARC) third-party cartridges useless!   Angry 

Typically, firmware is used to fix and update minor issues on the printer software.  This hasn't been 100% confirmed, but we still recommend to SWAY AWAY FROM ANY FIRMWARE UPDATES if you plan on using Refillable Cartridges or a CISS until more information comes in!

Please read this article, based on the European market, for more information:
http://www.wasteink.co.uk/epson-firmware-update-compatible-problem/

Thank you Don D. for the information!  Wink

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
antalo

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 05:36:13 PM »

OK, take this as you like....  I just bought an Epson 837 and when I got I did like a good boy  (lol)  and ran whatever software the installation wanted. 
Make long story short, I do have the latest driver and I think the firmware installed and installed refillable cartridge to test the waters and the water is fine, the printer is swimming well with no after or side affects. 

Redlance

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 07:12:08 PM »

Antalo, I also bought my 837 in January and it probably updated. However, mine rejects the cartridges. looking for a way to reset firmware.
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 02:56:47 PM »

Hello Redlance,

How recently did you purchase the CISS? Was it purchased around the same time as the printer???

It could be possible that you have a CISS that has an older version chip set installed, which does not recognize the Epson Artisan 837 and 730 (more than likely the chips were manufactured before those models became available)

You might just need to swap your chips out in order to get the system working again.

If you purchased the CISS from, you should call us and we can get everything sorted for you. If you feel you'll need a set of chips, then take a look at this listing.

http://www.cisinks.com/981r-982r-983r-984r-985r-986r-chips-for-epson-artisan-600-700-710-725-730-800-810-835-837-v60-p-1992.html

Hope this information help!

-CISINKS
rlmeyers

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 01:35:28 PM »

Has anyone found a workaround for this for those of us moronic enough to install the update without checking first?  FYI, I discovered the problem when refilling all four cartridges on my WF-3520.  The black cartridge was the only one not recognized.  I placed an OEM black cartidge in, and it prints fine even in color.   Angry Huh
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 12:49:59 PM »

Hello,

How long have you had the refillable cartridges? You can attempt to use anything metal like a flat head screwdriver or anything that is metal like a staple to charge the two gold contacts on the top of the cartridge which are closer together. On the chip itself you will see the two round gold contacts. If for some reason the cartridge is still not able to recognize that means that the battery on the back of the chip needs to be replaced.

CISINKS
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length