Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 03:18:57 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Hewlett-Packard Printers
| | |-+  HP Printer refillable cartridges lockout by manufacturer?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: HP Printer refillable cartridges lockout by manufacturer?  (Read 1531 times)

bluesky2046

« on: May 13, 2012, 09:00:31 AM »

I've had very good results with the refillable cartridges for my Workforce 600 printer. During a recent laptop upgrade I mistakenly left the printer attached to the laptop while Microsoft updated some drivers from 32 bit to 64 bit (Win7). It appears that HP has flashed the printers memory and removed 90% of the operations while still letting it still print with the refillable cartridges, I'm getting a message that an upgrade is needed. This same degraded operation continues when connected to other non-updated computers.

I'm 90% sure that they will block non HP cartridges if I "upgrade". Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!   

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 04:09:19 PM »

As far as we know, Epson is the only manufacturer that is aggressively attacking small companies like us from selling refillable cartridges.  HP, Canon and Brother aren't quite as aggressive, which is why you can take their cartridges to any office supply store to refill them.  But as a general precaution, it is just best to stay away from them.  Hope this helps!   
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length