Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 02:54:14 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Brother Printers
| | |-+  Brother black ink problem
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Brother black ink problem  (Read 11132 times)

DrJim

« on: May 15, 2012, 02:59:19 PM »

Printer is Brother  MFC-J825DW. I used 2 sets of factory ink with excellent results before installing the LC75 CISS.

My CISS colors work well, but now the black ink prints only a few pages (2 or 3) before it stops putting ink on the paper. After two or three cleanings, it will print another perfect test print - no drop outs on the black blocks - then print a few more pages before running dry again.

The tubes are not kinked or obstructed. All 4 exit from the cartridge compartment the same way, out the top of the door. Colors work perfectly.

When I first installed the CISS cartridges, the black cartridge didn't seem to fit well. Had to reposition it several times before getting it recognized by the system. THEN it printed very well for about a hundred or more pages before starting to give the running-out-of-ink problem. Most of the black ink I have consumed has been for cleanings, I think, as that's when the level noticeably goes down.

Very happy with the product otherwise, and would rather solve the problem than switch to another brand of CISS ink. I need this for business. Price is not my main concern - wasting my time is.

Thanks,

Dr. Jim

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 02:59:03 PM »

Dr. Jim,

I'm sorry that you are encountering problems with your CIS system and will help you address each problem individually. 

1)  Black Cartridge not fitting in properly:  Compare how the original Brother Black cartridge slides in with how our CISS cartridge slides in.  Note and inform us of any significant design or behavioral differences between the two.  The LC75 system is one of our most stable systems and we rarely encounter customer issues with them, so the cartridges should slide in without any problem.  Please let us know if the "low ink levels" become a problem down the line. 

2)  Black not  printing properly:  Since your cartridges are stationary and don't move when you print, the ink travels to the printhead through ink tubes located within your printer.  For whatever reason, air might have gotten into your black ink lines, which have to SLOWLY be purged out before you can print out properly again.  You can achieve this by doing the following steps:  (1) Do one black head cleaning (2) Do a nozzle check (3) Do 2nd black head cleaning (4) Do a 2nd nozzle check.   Compare the 1st nozzle check to the 2nd nozzle check.  If there is no sign of improvement, do a 3rd black head cleaning and let your printer sit for 4-5 hours.  Repeat this process 2-3 times until you print properly.  DO NOT DO MORE THAN 3 HEAD CLEANINGS PER TROUBLESHOOTING SESSION!  Overcleaning your printheads can be counter productive. 

3) Saving Time:  Inkjet printers occasionally take time to troubleshoot and might be down for a couple days before you print again.  If this isn't suitable for your business and if you mainly do monochrome prints, I highly recommend to get a laser printer for your office.  Laser printers provide affordable monochrome prints, whereas Inkjet printers with CIS systems provide affordable color prints. 

We hope this information provides useful for the rest of the community!  Feel free to email us directly if anyone has any questions or concerns.  sales@cisinks.com
DrJim

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 04:35:35 PM »

Thanks for the prompt reply to my post. Your customer service is great.

I now have a couple more days' experience with CIS ink with the Brother MFC-J825DW.

The color ink is now giving the same erratic results as the black ink had. It evidently took longer to mess up because the color was used much less.

I have followed a cleaning procedure like you suggest. This time with the color cleaning has not helped. After 5 cleanings, the yellow and magenta blocks are still mostly gaps, though the blue is perfect, and so is the Brother black.

I have now removed the CIS colors and put in new Brother ink. After one cleaning it printed a perfect test chart. No gaps.

That seems to suggest some kind of basic incompatibility with this model. I don't think it was an installation problem, as I know the tubes weren't pinched and the blue CIS ink continued to print very well. The CIS yellow and magenta were unusable.

I think it would be unproductive to waste further time with this particular CIS ink on this printer model. Something isn't right.

The product seems very well manufactured. Although it hasn't worked out in this case, that doesn't mean it wouldn't work well for other printers.

If anyone manages to get it working with the MFC-J825DW, it would be welcome news to the group.

I also have 3 Epson R220, 2 CX4800, and one CX5000 and think I would try this brand of CIS with one of the R220, if they make it for that model.

Again, let me compliment this company on their fast customer service response.

For reference, I've been using both lasers and inkjets for a very long time. Although this is my first experience with a CIS system, I've not had such bad results with any 3rd party ink before. That strongly suggests something is mismatched.

Regards,

Dr. Jim
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 05:59:17 PM »

Dr. Jim,

Have you installed the air filters onto your ink tank reservoirs?  Each color on the tank has two plugs, one smaller than the other.  Remove the smaller plug and insert the air filter into this section with the thicker side going down.  It looks like your printer is having trouble pulling the ink through, which is now affecting the other colors.  Just to make sure that I am able to diagnose the issue properly, did you install your system in a similar fashion as shown in  this video?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r3AwfuV2BY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r3AwfuV2BY</a>

DrJim

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 03:58:09 PM »

Yes, installed it properly with air filters, as described.
Paid special attention to the tubing and made sure it
was not pinched or kinked.

I agree the CISS has a problem pulling ink in.

Usually 2 cleanings were required to get a perfect
test print. Then, black would print sometimes less than
1 complete page before starting to run out of ink.
At first, colors still printed ok even though black didn't.

Sometimes, for no reason, particularly when I had first
installed CISS, it printed all colors well for quite a few pages.

But that changed, even though the setup had not changed.

Soon, colors were printing poorly too.

I will return this if you want to pay for shipping. Perhaps
you could learn something useful from it.

Or, if you want to exchange it for a CISS system for one
of my other printers I will pay return shipping.

You have been very prompt and helpful with your service.
I appreciate that. No complaints. This is a new model of
printer and there was no way to know about compatibility.

Regards,

Dr. Jim
marvin-miller

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 12:28:48 AM »

Same problem here except I have a Brother MFC-J835DW

I bought two of these for customers, one is still working, one is not. Symptoms were that the colors stopped working. Cleaning did not work.  I then got a NEW replacement printer, plugged in the CIS, and the EXACT SAME THING - the colors didn't work. Black always works.

Now I've replaced the CIS with OEM ink cartridges. Guess what? Exact same thing. I think the ink they are selling is either contaminated and plugging up the print head or the ink is not the same viscosity and plugging up the printhead.

Either way, the CIS does not work and it looks like it wrecked two new printers because I cannot clean the printheads - even with the OEM cartridges.

I find it interesting that the 'support' in this thread disappeared as soon as you mentioned shipping the unit back and suggesting that they pay something.

May I make a recommendation? How about removing the MFC-J835DW & the MFC-J825DW from the list of supported printers.

If you keep advertising your CIS systems as applicable to these systems, even after being told that they don't work, then we'll know that your 'support' is just bullshit.
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 02:05:08 PM »

There might be some underlying issue with the print head. I was wondering if the problem has been fixed already.

Please take a look at the video below and that should help you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TqA31SDbBI

-CISInks
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length