Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 09:15:04 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Epson Printers
| | |-+  Epson R2880 Refill instructions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Epson R2880 Refill instructions  (Read 1987 times)

Diana.Chen

« on: April 02, 2012, 12:59:29 PM »

I can not find Epson R2880 refill instructions. How does resettable chip work?  Can I take the cartridge in and out the printer.  When and how it will reset the chip?

How do I flash out the ink and put in a different ink. 
Thanks for your help!

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 07:23:39 PM »

hello.

The only thing there really is to know when it comes to our refillable cartridges is where the air vent plug and the refill hole are located. You must remove the air vent plug from your printer in order to allow the cartridges to breathe. You can identify the air vent plug and the refill plug by the way they look. The refill plug is always colored and is oval shaped, while the air vent plug has no color and is round.

In order to reset the chips on your cartridges, you will have to wait for the printer to stop recognizing a particular cartridge on the printer. This basically means that the counter on the printer thinks the ink is depleted. When this happens, all you have to do is remove the cartridges from the printer and pop them back in and the color that stopped working will automatically reset itself. No chip re setter needed!!!

If you want to flush the ink out of the system, you can fill the cartridge up with water and then drain it using your syringe. Insert water through the refill hole and shake the cartridge up and then remove all of the water using a syringe and a needle. Repeat the steps for all of the cartridges. If you have more questions, please feel free to ask!!!

-Luis Zelaya
CISinks.com
Diana.Chen

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 01:03:13 PM »

Thanks!  I have trouble getting the refill ink to work. It doesn't seem to prime properly.   DO you know the panel key shortcut for deep cleaning?

Thanks!
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 02:55:54 PM »

Hello Diana,

Since I do not have that printer with me, I do not know the shortcut keys for that printer. I have looked online and couldn't find anything on it.

You might want to consider cleaning out the spikes that puncture onto the cartridges. Please take a look at the video below to get an idea as to what I'm talking about.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHyS2h2lGmM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHyS2h2lGmM</a>
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length