Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 27, 2014, 10:58:30 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Epson Printers
| | |-+  Epson Artisan 837 Firmware Question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Epson Artisan 837 Firmware Question  (Read 2622 times)

boodaddy

« on: June 09, 2012, 09:20:14 AM »

I just got the Artisan 837 last week, and when I installed the drivers it downloaded a firmware update and installed it. My questions is will your CISS work with the Artisan 837 with the latest firmware. I am using Version:WB13C4 36.36 firmware.

I typed in http://192.168.1.XXX/PRESENTATION/HTML/TOP/INDEX.HTML for my printer IP address and that is the version it is using.

If it won't work, which firmware version will work with the Artisan 837 because I can exchange this one and prevent it from updating next time, but if the firmware it came with won't work i'll have to figure something else out is why I am wondering which firmware is known to work.

I appreciate your time.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 09:24:52 AM by boodaddy » Logged

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 05:19:26 PM »

Hello, sorry for the delay in response.

That version should be compatible with our current chip sets. But there's one thing, if you buy a CIS system, it's recommended you turn off all Epson updates and not run any updates on the firmware as this can cause incompatibilities down the road and cause a bigger head ache for you.

-CISinks
boodaddy

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 11:14:51 PM »

No problem. I went ahead and exchanged the printer for the same with the factory firmware that it had before I updated. I ordered your CIS system and it works perfectly.

I can not tell the difference in ink quality with this system vs the OEM ink which is great. The printer told me I was out of black ink because of the internal ink/print counter, but all I had to do is pull the cartridge out and put it back in, and it was working again within seconds showing ink full again.

I turned off all updates on firmware, and I can confirm that it is working perfectly with the factory firmware that is ships with. I would also recommend that everyone turn off updates, and "NOT" update to the latest version which is WB13C4 36.36 to be safe.

Your system rocks, and has saved me a lot of cash. Thanks so much, and I appreciate your time.

Bobby
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length