Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 02, 2014, 12:36:58 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Epson Printers
| | |-+  Modifying Epson R1900
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Modifying Epson R1900  (Read 517 times)

atlphoto

« on: September 12, 2012, 10:38:01 AM »

Is there any way to modify the Epson R1900 to work better with the CIS System? I skimmed the message boards and I'm having the same trouble as people with the Epson 1400. The tubes when pushed all the way to the left have been causing some horrendous noises and throwing off the print head. The tubes have also worn down a bit and I'm afraid one looks like it has ruptured.

I love the concept, but it's not working so hot on this printer. I'm not against making modifications to the printer (i.e. I've seen some folks post about removing the center bar on the printer or drilling holes elsewhere.

Open to any suggestions and hopefully these tubes don't burst in the meantime.

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 04:25:00 PM »

Hello atlphoto. I have personally installed this particular system on the 1900. Usually when people run into these issues it is because the lines are not routed properly or there's simply too much slack left over on the lines. When you move your carriage left and right, be sure that there's barely enough slack left over for the carriage to move left and right.

Also, set your tanks on the right hand side of the printer and route the lines with the tanks on the right. Sometimes customers like placing the tanks on the left hand side, but ideally it should only be on the right.

If it's possible, can you send me a picture of the routing of the tubes to our main e-mail? I want to have a look to see what else can be done to prevent this issue from happening. Send it to Sales@cisinks.com. Include your forum ID so that I know what the e-mail is about.

Also you can give us a call is you'd like. (626) 575 0860.

-CISinks
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length