Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 10:44:08 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Epson Printers
| | |-+  Epson Workforce 1100 and refillable ink system - SOLVED
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Epson Workforce 1100 and refillable ink system - SOLVED  (Read 942 times)

jumboco

« on: September 15, 2012, 11:46:50 AM »

Purchased the refillable cartridges a few months ago. My first cartridge I replaced was my first black one and everything seemed and worked fine. Second black seemed to work ok too. My first color one, cyan, printed light and now nothing at all. Same with the magenta that I replaced at the same time. Did the deep cleaning routine to no avail. Now, both blacks do not print at all.

This Epson is just a few months old and the last time I ran a print through it has been about a week and a half. Did all of the other tricks to make sure that I went through the charging system after replacement....even did multiple head cleanings through the Epson software. Am I missing something or is there anything else I can try?

*************Added note. I did finally did get the ink to flow. I had to do several and I do mean several head cleanings with the Epson software. I did get a "Incompatible cartridge error" on a couple of occasions. I pulled the cartridges and reseated them and it seem to have gotten rid of the message.

*************Well I thought I had it figured out, but black has gone back to not printing at all. Still trying.

*************SOLVED - Well since I haven't heard from anyone here about possible solutions, I Googled and found someone that suggested "revacuuming" the cartridge.....so I refilled both black cartridges (they were practically full anyway), placed scotch tape back over the vacuum holes, placed cartridges back into the printer, and had to do just one head cleaning and the ink appears to be flowing ok now.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 07:07:34 PM by jumboco » Logged

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 08:00:38 PM »

Thanks for your insight!!!

One thing I wont recommend is to do multiple head cleanings at a time without doing the waste ink tank modification. Doing multiple head cleanings will fill up your ink pads much faster and before you know it you will get a ink pad end of service life message.

Always space out your head cleanings to preserve the longevity of your printer.
jumboco

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 02:05:34 PM »

Got it...thanks........those head cleanings can wipe out some ink in a hurry.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length