Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 06:09:58 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Epson Printers
| | |-+  Epson R280 says yellow cartridge is missing
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Epson R280 says yellow cartridge is missing  (Read 833 times)

johnmnz

« on: December 24, 2012, 09:33:13 AM »

MY PC was off the air for a couple of weeks with a failed secondary hard drive.  When I put it back together, my Epson R280 tells me there is no yellow cartridge (I hadn't done anything to the printer other than unplug it from the USB port and plug it back in , possibly into a different USB from previously).  There is definitely a yellow cartridge there and there is in k in the lines (along with a few bubbles).  I took the filter plug out of the tank in case that was clogged.  I removed the yellow cartridge and wiped the jet area as well as the electrical contacts, all with no success.  All the tanks have loads of ink in and I can't figure out what else to do.  I have also reloaded all the Epson drivers.

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 04:25:28 PM »

Hello and thanks for your post. It could easily be that the gold contacts on the chips might have corroded a bit and might need to be replaced. If you want a replacement Yellow chips, please call us with your order number and our friendly staff will be able to send out a replacement for you.

Our number is (626) 575 0860. You can also e-mail us: Sales@cisinks.com Thanks!

-CISinks
ILLUSvis

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 11:07:55 AM »

I have had the same problem recently after the yellow cartridge indicates empty and requires a reset.  The only method I have found that will resolve the issue is to remove all cartridges, then use a seringe to pull ink through the yellow cartridge.  Once the cartridges are back in place in the carriage, run the "Head Cleaning."  Then print a nozzle check.  The yellow then begins to work again in my situation.

Granted, this is a lot of additional work & loss of ink.  May be a problem with the yellow cartridge?  Would appreciate some word, CIS, if this seems to be an ongoing problem for others.

Thanks.
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 05:17:53 PM »

Hello,

It's not common to have these issues with our system, unless inks have been mixed. In which case, ink will start to coagulate within certain parts of the system. When priming the cartridges, are you able to pull 4ML of ink in one single draw? If no, then you should keep priming it until you're able to get to 4ML. This will ensure proper ink flow within the system and will more than likely fix the issues you guys are encountering.

-Cisinks
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length