Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 07:38:46 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Epson Printers
| | |-+  Epson 1400 Black has Gaps Does Cartridges Need Replacement
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Epson 1400 Black has Gaps Does Cartridges Need Replacement  (Read 1516 times)

Hip4Photo2

« on: January 12, 2013, 08:44:16 PM »

I've used the CIS Inks for 2 years with my Epson 1400.  I've never had any trouble until the last 6 months.  I have the 1400 for 5 years.  I have printed from it heavily over the last 2 years.   The black ink will not print well.  There are significant gaps.  I've followed the procedure twice that has been posted about cleaning the posts, and priming the CIS.  I used a syringe and removed the excess ink from the sponge pad.  I let the printer set for about an hour then ran a check.  There is an improvement in the printout but there is still gaps in the black.  All other colors look good.

Does the CIS cartridges need replacement?
Regarding the Epson spiqets, can you stick a needle into the openings to clear clogs or not?
The Epson Take Up Sponge, can it be replaced?  Mine is pretty worn.
Thank you,
hip4photo2

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 02:19:28 PM »

Hell There, thanks for your inquiry.

It looks like you took all of the proper steps to try and get this to print right, but I did not see anything mentioned about the air filters. If the air filters have any ink in them, that could be causing the problem here and would need to be removed before attempting to troubleshoot the problem again.

When you draw ink from the syringe from the priming process, are you able to get a lot of ink without any resistance? If you're getting any kind of resistance, it could be completely possible that the plastic elbows that connects the tubes to the cartridges are clogged and would need to be removed and cleaned before trying to use them again.

Also about the spikes, you're able to do that, but you have to be extremely cautious and not deform any of the openings. You would need to find a thin enough needle to poke through it, but not damage the openings.

Also, the sponge can be replaced, but unfortunately, only an Epson technician can do this for you since they have a reset utility.

-CISInks
Hip4Photo2

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 10:32:18 PM »

Thank you for your response.

I checked the air filters and they are ok.  I did an additional cleaning and removed the ink from the pad.  I have already had to reset the ink pad.   I printed a test page and noticed a consistency with how the gaps are appearing on printouts.  It honestly looks like there is another problem.  It looks like something is skipping at a regular intervals causing the black ink (which is used mostly for checking the printer) to go pale or light back to dark again.  Could it be a problem with the roller or how the carriage is going across the paper?

Thanks so much.

hip4photo2
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 02:11:34 PM »

Well if it was a problem with the Roller, you would notice huge blotches in the same area of the page, but not discoloration of the black ink.

I'm suspecting that the print head might simply be giving out on you.

Remove the cartridges from the printer and clean the spikes that stick into the cartridges, that might alleviate the issue a bit, but it's only a band-aid
Hip4Photo2

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 07:19:54 PM »

CIS,

Thanks so much. I was afraid of that.  Oh well, nothing lasts forever.

Thanks again.

Hip4photo2
Hip4Photo2

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 10:15:56 PM »

I've used a very tiny copper wire and was able to clean the black spiget.  Everything appears to be clear.  Is it possible that the chip on the black CISS cartridge has gone bad since all of the other inks are printing perfectly fine?

If have the Epson 1400.  Or do I need to replace the whole CISS system? I'd like to try and replace just the black cartridge or the chip on it before buying a whole new system.

Thank you, could you let me know.

hip4photo2
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 05:28:29 PM »

The chips only serve one purpose really and that's to communicate to the printer that there's  cartridge installed and how many pages of ink are left on a particular color.

The chip should not affect the quality of the prints in any way.

-Cisinks
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length