Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 08:48:34 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Epson Printers
| | |-+  Epson 1400 have used CIS ink for years
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Epson 1400 have used CIS ink for years  (Read 569 times)

Hip4Photo2

« on: January 20, 2013, 10:45:18 PM »

The epson 1400 upgrade on the Epson website is just to use Windows 7. I agree with the CIS team, be very careful upgrading. 

For my 1400 to use the CIS, I set it up just like the 1900.  The excess tubing you have to make sure does not get caught inside the printer on the left.  I ran the excess tubing along the top and used duck tap on the left hand side of the printer to hold the "right amount" in place so that the printer carriage would not get caught inside on the left.  You will have to work with it by hand to see how much tubing to allow inside the printer.  My 1400 was used when I bought it four years ago.  I've used the CIS inks for at least 2 years, no problems and would do it again.  The ink is fine, however, I believe the printer has reached it's final life.

hip4photo2

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 02:06:55 PM »

Thanks for your informative post! It will always helps others here looking for information on our systems.

4 years is a pretty long time for a printer that has an average life of about 2 years. That printer did you really good. If it's time to upgrade to a new machine then it's only obvious that the Epson Artisan 1430 would be the best way to go.

If you do get an Artisan 1430 printer, contact us and we can send out a set of chips to make your current system work with the 1430.

-CISinks
Hip4Photo2

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 07:23:28 PM »

CIS,

Thank you so much.  I guess I really got a lot use out of this machine since it was a refurbished printer that I bought years ago. 

The 1430, I was looking at machines trying to decide. 

Thanks,

hip4photo2
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length