Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 10:44:13 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Hewlett-Packard Printers
| | |-+  Empty CISS Cartridge message from nearly full HP Officejet 8600 Pro CISS
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Empty CISS Cartridge message from nearly full HP Officejet 8600 Pro CISS  (Read 3985 times)

br0k3nilluzion
Sophomore Member

« on: January 30, 2013, 10:56:53 AM »

Got the CISS this month, and the Cyan and Yellow cartridges are stopping my printer from printing, by giving me an " empty, need to refill cartridge" message.

Ive turned the power off and waited, then reinstalled the cartridges both as a singular thing ( just the cyan and yellow) and as a whole.
Ive cleaned the chips and the cartridge holder on the printer with rubbing alcohol.
Ive primed the system to make sure there is flow..

I dont understand the problem.. Please help.  We print 50 to a 100 pages every 2 to 4 hours, so this printer is a much needed asset that is sitting unused.

Thank you ...... James

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 01:21:03 PM »

Hello James,

I just finished reading the e-mail that you left us. We would like for you to call us to see what solutions we can have for this issue. Our number is (626) 575 0860.

-Cisinks
br0k3nilluzion
Sophomore Member

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 12:15:05 PM »

Didnt get a chance to call yesterday, and since its still early, maybe there is someone on here who could help.

Following with the thread:

Left the printer and CISS alone all day yesterday. Tried to use it today, just to trouble shoot it.  So i took out the CISS and put in the old factory cartridges. Then tried to run a print.  Printer tells me there is sometihng wrong with the printing mechanism and i need to trun off the printer and restart it, or call HP support.
    So I take out the Cartridge Holder and it looks like the CISS leaked a little.
    As of now I'm cleaning the holder and its sitting on some paper towels soaking up the ink
br0k3nilluzion
Sophomore Member

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 01:13:58 PM »

Seems to work now.
Wonder if me priming it made it leak ??

A whole lot of ink came out of the cartridge holder, the print head and the nozzles..

works tho.. 
br0k3nilluzion
Sophomore Member

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 05:39:15 PM »

had this same problem again.  the ink flows a little freely when you print a lot i guess.

Fix or solution to this problem: 
Clean the print head with "rubbing alcohol", cleaned the chips and the cartridge ports.., reinstalled the regular cartridges, then turned off the printer and unplugged it for 3 minutes or longer. 
Turn on the printer and re-install the CISS. 
When asked if you bought these cartridges as legit cartridges = " click no"
When asked you if you want to keep printing or if you want to use the cartridges still = "click ok"
then voila , it works again..

this is twice it worked for me, so its kind of a safe bet it will work for you..;p

Love the CISS, works like a charm.
Janemendola

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 11:18:52 AM »

Bless you! I just did this and it worked for me too. The error message came up about 5 times and I just followed your instructions time after time. The sixth time and 7th time it worked just fine. Many thanks.
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 06:24:25 PM »

Hello James,

I'd like to thank you. We're going to incorporate this in our instructions to help out our customers. Next time you decide to place an order with us, send an e-mail to sales@cisinks.com and give us your forum name and I will apply a 15% discount for your valuable information.

Greatly appreciated!

-CISinks Team
br0k3nilluzion
Sophomore Member

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 04:13:35 PM »

Thank you ..!!
  We'll be making a purchase for 2 of your "refillable ink cartridges" for the 8600 plus and some ink. Gotta grab them now, as they seem to be a hot commodity. ;p

Im going to be doing a video and web page , picture based,  install of the "refillable" cartridges.  Some of our employees are several cities away, so problem solving ahead of time is a must.  Id love to share it, I know I love help when all seems down and out lol.

br0k3nilluzion
Sophomore Member

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2013, 12:56:38 PM »

Was time to clean the print head again.

Fix or solution to this problem:

1. Clean the print head with "rubbing alcohol".

2. Let the print heads sit on Thick paper towels to soak up the ink.  (There can not be any loose cotton type materials on the type of paper towel you choose, as this can get stuck in the print head)  This can take a while to do, so get you some coffee or tea.

3. Clean the print head with "rubbing alcohol" again. 

4. You will have to do steps 1 - 3 until the ink stops making puddles of ink on the paper towels.. you want it to only leave a small stain after sitting for at least  3 to 5 minutes. (this time frame is my guestimation, but worked flawlessly )

5. Cleaned the chips and the cartridge ports.., reinstalled the regular cartridges

6. Then turned off the printer and unplugged it for 3 minutes or longer.

7. Turn on the printer and re-install the CISS.

8. When asked if you bought these cartridges as legit cartridges = " click no"

9. When asked you if you want to keep printing or if you want to use the cartridges still = "click ok"

10. then voila , it works again..

This worked flawlessly the first time for me, this time around.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length