Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 08:54:56 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Epson Printers
| | |-+  Questions prior to purchase - I have an Epson 645
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Questions prior to purchase - I have an Epson 645  (Read 551 times)

Bob440

« on: February 10, 2013, 11:30:38 AM »

Hi,
I have an Epson 645 and a couple of questions prior to purchasing a CISS system.

I had a CISS on my previous Epson printer and I had to remove the cartridge "block" from the printer for a few minutes to reset the chips. Unfortunately this would only reset the color that the printer thought was empty. Invariably what would happen is in a few minutes the printer would think the next color was empty and so on..... (Not to mention I usually had to re-seat the cartridges several times before they were recognized.) Real pain.

I see your system has a reset button on top:
    Does the reset button reset all of the colors at once, even though they aren't currently reported as empty?

Do you have to remove the cartridges for the reset to work?

Are the instructions available for download?

I see some of the competition offers systems with chips that "auto-reset". Is there a reason you don't offer that feature?

Thanks!

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 05:23:30 PM »

Hello,

Reading your post, it appears you don't completely understand what Auto Reset means.

Auto Reset is a term we use in our industry to describe cartridge chips that don't require a separate reset tool to reset the cartridges. Auto Reset does not mean you're able to reset the ink levels at will, that is not the case with any 3rd party cartridges that you'll get from anywhere with or without a reset button.

The way the reset process works for Epson is that you have to allow the printer to tell you that level has reached 0, only then can you reset the ink level for a particular color. At that time you will have to remove the cartridge and place it back in the printer to reset the levels.

What the reset button does is cut the communication between the chips on the cartridges and the printer, not really reset anything. So it's the equivalent of pulling the cartridges out.

We currently do have instructions available for you, if you could send us an e-mail I will be glad to send that to you. sale@cisinks.com

Our Epson chips are the Auto Reset version, btw.

-CISinks
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length