Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 11:12:03 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Epson Printers
| | |-+  Epson NX230
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Epson NX230  (Read 2757 times)

Kurt

« on: March 10, 2013, 03:30:34 PM »

I have an Epson NX230, I purchased A set of inks and cart. I changed all cart at the same time as per your recommendations. I also removed the clear plugs to allow air into the cart. The only problem I seem to be having is the yellow does not want to reset on the printer. My Epson says to replace the yellow cart. I turned off the printer and cleaned all the contacts on the carriage and cart contacts with contact cleaner. I also swap the Cyan chip with the Yellow chip and the printer says to replace the yellow. I also left the printer off for hours to reset, but it has not worked. So far I ruled out the contacts and the chip on these cart. Do you have any additional troubleshooting that I may have missed. I also read that the firmware can cause these conditions if your using non-oem products. Please comment on this.

Thanks

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 06:12:58 PM »

Hello Kurt,

Looks like you took all of the appropriate steps to solve the issue. Just keep in mind that each chip will only work for the designated color.

There's one thing that I see you haven't tried yet. If you remove the chips from the cartridges and look behind the chips, you will see that there is a small battery installed.

You might want to replace that battery, that should more than likely fix the issue. Give that a try. If you purchased from us recently, call us and we can send a replacement chip to you.

-CISinks
Kurt

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 09:19:34 AM »

Thanks for the response, I'll pickup a battery at Walmart and try this, maybe I'll replace all 4 for extended measure. Will reply with results.

Thanks 
Kurt

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 06:31:39 PM »

I did remove all the batteries and tested. I found 3 out of 4 were dead. I replaced all 4 and now itís working. I guess these cartridges sit on a shelf until they are sold so the batteries drain while sitting for an undetermined amount of time. I appreciate the help.

Thank you
Kurt

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 10:04:58 PM »

Sorry to say that I have tried everything but my Epson does not recognize these ink cart. It keeps asking to change cyan then yellow then magenta then black. it just cycles through this and will not reset over and over. I give up.
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 03:19:56 PM »

Hey Kurt. Take the cartridges out and get a paper clip. If you hold the cartridge with the chip facing you, you can see 2 gold dots next to each other at the top part of the chips. With the paper clip, you want to complete the circuit between the 2 gold dots. This is a manual reset, do that and give it a try.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length