Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 12:42:16 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Hewlett-Packard Printers
| | |-+  Expired Cartridges
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Expired Cartridges  (Read 1270 times)

byounghusband

« on: March 12, 2013, 05:40:45 PM »

I have an HP Officejet Pro 8000 Wireless printer with a CIS.  i am now getting Expired messages on the Black, Cyan, and Magenta cartridges according to the HP Solution Center and we cannot print anything.

Is there a workaround for this?

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 06:10:04 PM »

Hello There,

When you're getting that message, that means that the chips you are using are no longer usable. You would have to buy OEM cartridges and remove the chips off those cartridges.

You can always purchase a set of remanfuactured cartridges from our store and get the chips from those cartridges. Just a thought.

-CISinks
woodman

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 04:18:15 PM »

I'm almost ready to throw this HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus printer off the pier! I've got a depleted cartridge that won't clear no matter what I do. HP has really cut their chances of ever staying competitive as they have gone "no other cartridges, HP cartridges only" stupid route. I now cannot get the CIS system to even print anything!!!!
DONE WITH HP!!!
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 03:57:24 PM »

I understand your frustrations. This appears to be random on certain printers. For some reason our HP 8600 here does not give us the same issues that a lot of people are running into.

HP really beefed up their system security and this is the reason why everyone is running into these issues.
br0k3nilluzion
Sophomore Member

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 12:16:41 PM »

I went through this on my post http://www.cisinks.com/forum/index.php?topic=192.0

check it out. i went through step by step.  One thing you have to have patience for is the fact that it might take several tries to make it work.  Ive even had it take 5 times before it would work. But then the next time it only took 1 try.

Hope this helps. Let me know of your progress, I would be happy to help you.

James
oldpaint

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 01:53:50 PM »

i have an HP K850 OFFICE JET that i changed over to CIS carts and exterior tanks 2-3 years ago. every thing worked fine untill the printheads(separate from the ink carts)started to go dead. i replaced Y,C, M with no problem. then i started to get the message to replace ink carts so i got a new black print head thinking that might fix it..nope....print heads for this printer are $40 EACH.... so i got $160 just in NEW print heads. i can print 1 SHEET...get the error message and then shut off printer restart and print the next sheet!!!!
IF I PURCHASE A NEW bulk ink system for this unit..........will it fix the problem? i would rather spend the money for that then to buy 4 HP CARTS @$38 EA.
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 04:32:27 PM »

Hello,

That depends on the error you are getting. What does the error say exactly?

If the error is being caused by your current ink system, then replacing it may fix your issue. But, if the error is unrelated to the ink system, I don't think it would. I would hate for you to buy CIS and install it, only to find the printer is stuck with the error.

-CISinks
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length