Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2014, 08:02:33 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Start Here
| | |-+  Need Clarity on Epson Artisan 835 Refillable Cartridge Installation Instructions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Need Clarity on Epson Artisan 835 Refillable Cartridge Installation Instructions  (Read 3278 times)

aabcommish

« on: May 21, 2013, 09:38:16 AM »

Would really appreciate some help beyond the generic piece of paper that came with my cartridges.  My order from CISinks represents the FIRST TIME I've ever tried using refillable cartridges, so please bear with me.  I will try to be thorough in describing my situation.

My concern is with the air vent plugs.

Seems to me that the note advising "For Canon cartridges, do not remove the yellow tape until after the cartridges are in the printer, or the cartridges will leak." ... that this would also apply to the cartridges I've received.  (Again, in my case, I've got the air vent "plug" - not the yellow tape.)

When I remove one of these plugs, the size of the hole is *significant*.  It's hard for me to believe that the cartridges should sit in the printer with these plugs removed.  By any chance is there a small perforation in these plugs that more closely resembles the size of the hole one uncovers when removing tape from OEM cartridges?

Right now I've got the six cartridges and I don't know what to do with the plugs.  Please help.  Thanks!

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 02:13:19 PM »

Hey There. We provide that sheet to give a general overview on the different cartridges that we carry. Your current cartridges do not have sponges (Canon cartridges do), so the bit about the cartridges leaking after removing the air vent plugs do not apply to you.

Keep in mind that I consider the front of the cartridge the section with the green chip. The plug at the rear of the cartridge is the air vent plug and that has to be removed before you try to install the cartridges. The air vent hole is designed to suck air into the cartridge, but preventing ink from leaking while it's the printer. You can test this out by removing the air vent plug and dabbing a paper towel by the air vent hole with the cartridge upside down.

Go ahead and remove all of the air vent plugs from all 6 cartridges and have the cartridges installed in the printer.

-CISinks
aabcommish

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 08:07:21 AM »

Having a LOT of trouble replying to this with an attachment.
aabcommish

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 08:08:49 AM »

Great descriptions for "front" and "back" of cartridges - provides clear references points.  Thanks!

However, based on those descriptions, it seems the supplied paper contradicts that a bit.

My cartridges came to me with the oblong colored plugs at the front.  On the paper, all references to these type of plugs call these the "air vent".

Similarly, on the cartridges I received, the plugs at the rear were the clear round ones.  The paper refers to these plugs as covering the "refill hole".

Based on your initial reply, I have removed the clear round plugs at the rear of the cartridge - but I'd really appreciate your confirmation that this is right.

In my NEXT post, I'll try to attach an image file of the paper I received (I had to crop it because of your file size limitation).  If you look at this, you might understand my confusion.

I hope I may ask you to please reply again.  I just want to be sure I've set this up right, have the right holes unplugged, and know where I must refill when the time comes.

Thank you very much!

Rich
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 08:49:46 AM by aabcommish » Logged
aabcommish

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 08:16:55 AM »

No matter what I do, I cannot attach the jpg file I'd wanted to forward of the paper image.  I keep getting this error message (paraphrasing): "cannot access the file path!"
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 05:19:26 PM »

Try sending me an e-mail with the attachment.

Sales@cisinks.com

I'll check the inbox for your picture. I would like to send a picture back to you so you can easily identify the air vent hole and refill hole.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length