Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 01:02:30 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Hewlett-Packard Printers
| | |-+  HP Blue Screen of Death?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: HP Blue Screen of Death?  (Read 728 times)

Beaubot

« on: November 08, 2013, 08:50:48 PM »

Anyone heard of HP corrupting the printer after installing CIS?  My HP Photosmart c309g worked for a second with the CIS but soon gave a fatal error and will not boot up showing a blue screen error code and then the LCD just blinks obnoxiously until I shut it down and the same result continues.  Tried googling this to non avail.  Pretty mad....

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
br0k3nilluzion
Sophomore Member

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 07:07:39 PM »

What is the error code?
Have you tried unplugging it for more then 5 minutes, then plugging it back in?  (i know this sounds like a dumb question, being that you probably turned it off since its not working.. but just incase you left it on this whole time..)

James
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 07:48:53 PM »

Sometimes even removing the print head and placing it back in the printer can do wonders. Give that a try as well.
Beaubot

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 06:27:37 PM »

No matter what I did it would never power on.  It just loaded for a few seconds on hp load screen and hen went to a blue screen 'C20...." Then blank flashing screen.  I removed the CIS and boxed it away to mess with later.  Today, almost 4 weeks later--before I tossed the thing in the garbage this morning I decided to plug it in...and it booted up normal looking for cartridges.  I let the printer sit for about a week unplugged and tried it and the same blue/blank screen happened--so this is definitely strange.

I reprised the CIS and installed the cartridges all normal.  When I printed the test page/alignment page pools of black ink were dripping onto the paper.  There wasn't much semblance of anytHing but black ink drips everywhere.  At the end some text decided to make its way out--then I got the error "print system failure please shutdown printer" which I did--and here I am again--back to the blue screen error.  For whatever reason it appears that I am flooding the hell out of the print head and this is causing the issue. My only guess is something dried up enough in the 4 week span for the printer to decide it could boot up.  Where does all the ink go from cleaning operations?  Is there some sort of pad I could replace or clean up to make it come back alive?  What is causing all that black ink to come out?
br0k3nilluzion
Sophomore Member

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 02:25:57 PM »

It sounds like you turned the printer off long enough for it to erase its memory. Usually takes 3 minutes to 5 minutes on my Hp printers at the office.
Your Printhead will definitely get overflowed from cleaning jobs and printing a lot. In one of the earlier posts there are steps to clean it. You could buy a new printhead , or used on ebay for $45, if you were so inclined. 

==
Was time to clean the print head again.

Fix or solution to this problem:

1. Clean the print head with "rubbing alcohol".

2. Let the print heads sit on Thick paper towels to soak up the ink.  (There can not be any loose cotton type materials on the type of paper towel you choose, as this can get stuck in the print head)  This can take a while to do, so get you some coffee or tea.

3. Clean the print head with "rubbing alcohol" again.

4. You will have to do steps 1 - 3 until the ink stops making puddles of ink on the paper towels.. you want it to only leave a small stain after sitting for at least  3 to 5 minutes. (this time frame is my guestimation, but worked flawlessly )

5. Cleaned the chips and the cartridge ports.., reinstalled the regular cartridges

6. Then turned off the printer and unplugged it for 3 minutes or longer.

7. Turn on the printer and re-install the CISS.

8. When asked if you bought these cartridges as legit cartridges = " click no"

9. When asked you if you want to keep printing or if you want to use the cartridges still = "click ok"

10. then voila , it works again..

This worked flawlessly the first time for me, this time around
==

You should retrieve your printer and see if you can clean it up and do a warranty return on it.
Beaubot

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 10:51:57 PM »

Thanks for the reply.  I went to remove the printhead this morning and clean it and the area up--I looked at my CISS--most of the ink containers were almost bone dry.  Cyan for some reason was the only one full.  The CISS is sitting (an inch or two?) above the printer on a raised area of my desk--was that enough to have the whole thing drain endlessly into the printer like that???  And if so--why did the Cyan reservoir stay full and not leak? Huh Angry

I'm starting to believe that this thing just isn't going to work out for me--the printer is almost certainly beyond repair now with that crazy amount of ink sitting god knows where inside it...it just feels like I am missing something that I should be doing. 

1.  Primed the lines. (Flood method--quickly plugged reservoirs when air cleared line)
2.  Installed cartridges
3.  Unplugged reservoirs--installed air filters.
4.  Attempted to print.

I'm thinking about buying a used printer the same model as this flooded one--just don't want to waste my time drowning that one as well...any suggestions?
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 03:29:48 PM »

Setting the tanks higher than the base of the printer will definitely cause the ink to slowly drip into the printer. Even if it's only about an inch.

Did you try priming the cartridges by sticking the syringe into the print nozzle and forcing ink out of there? Usually flow problems can be solved doing this method.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length