Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 11:55:25 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Epson Printers
| | |-+  Epson Stylus Photo 1400, system does not work won't work
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Epson Stylus Photo 1400, system does not work won't work  (Read 820 times)

Not Happy

« on: November 13, 2013, 03:23:19 PM »

I purchased this CIS system and installed it, first thing I noticed was that the CIS cartridges were extremely tight and took extra effort to get them to click into place, the first few prints looked good (still using Epson Ink I assume) then the print quality deteriorated  and cleanings would not improve the prints, I removed the CIS system and re installed the Epson cartridges, did a head cleaning and good a good print, re-installed the CIS cartridges and quality went down hill, contacted customer service, sent them jpgs of print samples, they said it was the Epson print head, I said why does it print good with Epson cartridges? They said they didn't know, after some more back and forth, they said the CIS system wouldn't work and I would have to use refillable cartridges which they sent. Removed CIS System in the mean time and printed good with Epson cartridges, refillable tanks arrived, removed Epson cartridges and installed refillable cartridges, slowly print quality deteriorated to horrible prints, talked some more to customer service, they again said the Epson Print head was the problem, I re-installed the Epson cartridges did a cleaning and print quality returned. I sent them samples of Epson prints with Epson cartridges re-installed and said if the head is bad why does it print good pictures with Epson cartridges and not with your cartridges? They quit talking to me, so the CIS system sits here on a shelf while I consider trashing it and I continue to print without problems with Epson cartridges. No refund is coming from CIS for their system that doesn't work and can't be made to work. Don't waste your time and money on CIS systems is what my motto now is.

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
Not Happy

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 08:31:32 AM »

They don't like negative reviews either, the one I posted has never showed up, censorship! Angry
Vikki

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 11:23:11 AM »

Angry

I also had the same exact issue!!! The gray was printing out with a major green hue. When I put the Epson ink back in it was fine!!!
I was using the fillable cartridges, I have one set that came with the ink and one empty set. I tried both, results were the same.
I should have read this board first!!! Extremely tight fit, I had issues getting the aftermarket cartridges out!
Please stop selling this if it does not work with the 1400!!! Not nice!!!
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 07:46:28 PM »

This printer has been sold for quite a few years. You should both give us a call and see if we can find a solution to this. The last time this happened, it was 3rd party inks being mixed into the wrong colors. For example, light magenta was filled into the magenta tank. Our number is (626) 575 0860.
louisyoung

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 04:54:12 PM »

I had issues with the 1400 when I switched to cis inks.... returned the printer under warrantee and went straight to cis inks (right out of the box)..... No Epson printer inks ever..... Has worked great for 4 hard years....
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length