Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 08:15:08 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Epson Printers
| | |-+  CISS cartridge pack not recognized Epson WF-2540
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CISS cartridge pack not recognized Epson WF-2540  (Read 266 times)

clynn

« on: July 22, 2014, 09:37:56 PM »

After a couple of weeks of use, the continuous supply system cartridge pack is not being recognized by Epson WF-2540.  Uninstall/install/power cycles/reset button have no effect.  Tested that contacts are mating with cartridge contact pads.  Standard Epson cartridges work (several tests); CISS doesn't.

Printer firmware is LJ05DC.48.48

Looking for further suggestions. 

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 08:05:49 PM »

Hello,

Does your CISS system have individual chips or does it have one entire chip frame connecting all of the chips to the cartridges?

Look forward to hearing from you.

-CISINKS
clynn

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 07:12:17 PM »

It has a full 4 station chip frame.  The printer requests that all cartridges be replaced.  Standard cartridges still work.
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 01:54:14 PM »

Hello,

It sounds like that combo chip is going to have to be replaced. Do you happen to have an order number that I would be able to look up? If for some reason you did not purchase the CISS with us you would also be able to purchase that chip on our website. I will include the link below for the item.

http://www.cisinks.com/combo-chip-for-epson-expression-xp200-xp300-xp400-workforce-wf2530-wf2540-printers-p-2514.html?osCsid=2de352254c52b8e8251e3cfdaf6de1cb

Look forward to hearing from you.

CISINKS
clynn

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 12:48:16 PM »

Have had verbal contact with CISS and discussed problem.  We purchased a replacement 4 station PC board which did not correct problem.  Received another PC board from home office which was taken from working system.  Printer still reports that all cartridges are not recognized-->change cartridges.

Setup cartridges still work correctly.

Swap to CISS includes pressing reset switch for upward of 5 seconds before telling printer to proceed ("Ok").  All steps with printer power on.  (Pressing reset button dims message panel cartridge indicators until released.)

Nozel check is good with setup cartridges and reports that
Serial #   ==> QKEY701722
Firmware ==> LJ05DC.48.48
Summary codes  ==> LJ05DC  QP120A49

Further suggestions?
clynn

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 10:49:26 AM »

Several trials with CISinks staff, both purchased and provided new 4 chip block PCs with on-board switch have not corrected issue.  Latest version is 200XL1R (2 units).  Original (200LRG, and 1 replacement unit) did not have battery connector.  Latest does.  Is battery required for use in Epson WF-2540?
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 08:21:06 PM »

Hello,

The battery is not required in order for the cartridges to recognize inside of the printer. As per our last phone conversation I believe it is going to be the printer since I did update the firmware before sending out the tested replacement chip which I tried on my printer prior to sending out to you.

-CISINKS
clynn

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2014, 07:41:43 PM »

Issue resolved.  required purge of all 4 sections, then cartridges recognized, and then normal process for non-standard cartridges worked.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length