Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 30, 2015, 09:07:10 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Epson Printers
| | |-+  R3000 CISS cartridge reset issues
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: R3000 CISS cartridge reset issues  (Read 32 times)

« on: October 25, 2015, 03:15:20 PM »

We have an empty cartridge indicator on our printer, and we can't seem to figure out how to reset it.  We've looked online, and some cartridges have you short out two pins on the cartridge (which doesn't align up with pinout on ours), I see other manufactures have a 'reset' pin you hold for 5 seconds on the cartridge.  We've taken them all out, let the printer sit off then re-inserted.

It seems clear to me that the cartridge needs to be 'reset', but I don't know what I need to do to reset them.  Anyone have any idea how to reset these?

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 07:16:27 PM »

To reset the ink levels, you need to wait for one of the colors on the printer to reach zero. This is usually signified by a red "X" on the printer or computer screen. Once you have this happening, all you will need to do is remove and replace the cartridges to reset the ink levels. If you have the button on top of the chips for the CIS, you would peform the same procedure, but instead of removing and replacing the cartridges, you would just hold that reset button down for 5-6 seconds and should allow the ink levels to reset.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you.  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length