Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 01:53:46 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Epson Printers
| | |-+  WF3520 "cannot recognise blue cartridge
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: WF3520 "cannot recognise blue cartridge  (Read 1096 times)

docwatson99

« on: December 27, 2013, 12:13:32 PM »

I installed the recently ordered refillable cartridges and the blue gets "cannot recognize" error message.  Reinstalling the cartridge sometimes helps for a couple of minutes, and sometimes not.  Problem seems to be getting worse.  I've cleaned contacts with alcohol, no change to symptoms.

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
KenDay

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 11:31:25 AM »

Same issue for me with Magenta on my Workforce 323.  They sent me new chips to install myself instead of a new M cartridge.  No clue how to install the new chips.  Searching for that now, I may call them back.

UPDATE: Chips are easy to change out.  Found it on an old thread.  Just slide to the left. Replaced chip.  Now my printer doesn't recognize MAGENTA or BLACK. 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 11:52:03 AM by KenDay » Logged
KenDay

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 12:43:42 PM »

UPDATE #2:
Epson cartridge was the solution last time. 

Epson sent me a new magenta chip AND a whole set of chips.  Replaced magenta chip; not recognized.

Unplugged unit. Restarted.  BLK cartridge now not recognized.  Replaced with new chip (assumed 125R4 would be the correct one). BLK and Y not recognized. 

Replaced old chip on BLK cartridge.  Unplugged. Restarted.  Epson seems happy.  For now. 

Still, it feels like I'm chasing a moving target.  Put this QUESTION to Epson.  I'll update when I get an answer: Do the cartridges have corresponding chip numbers?  You sent a set: 125R1-4. If/when I replace the set, which chip goes in which cartridge?
KenDay

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 09:47:28 PM »

UPDATE: Nothing from CIS.   Undecided
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 04:50:36 PM »

Did you already check the small battery behind each chip?? If you were to pry the chip out of the cartridge then you should see a slot for a small watch battery.

If you replace that tiny battery, then you should be able get the cartridges to work for you once more.

docwatson99

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 06:50:05 PM »

I'm now having the same problem with the magenta, replacing the chip on the blue corrected the problem the first time, do I need a new chip for this cartridge also?
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 03:42:53 PM »

hey docwatson99.

That could be the case for you. But before you go into a new chip, copy and paste the link below. You will need a screw driver, what you will do here is manually jump the chip which will force it to reset itself.

Hold the screwdriver down on the contacts for 5 seconds and then re-install the cartridges.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/31fpsjkedldk2ds/chip%20reset.jpg
docwatson99

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 11:44:37 AM »

I tried the reset procedure and the magenta cartridge is working again.
docwatson99

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 09:41:22 PM »

I now have the same problem with both the blue and the black cartridge.  The previous "reset" proc doesn't seem to change the problem at all.  Any other solutions?
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2014, 07:14:50 PM »

Hello,

On the back of the 3520 chip which you have. If you slide it to the left from the carriage you would be able to remove the chip from the cartridge. Once you remove the chip if you look on the back side of it you will notice that there is a small silver harness which holds a battery inside of there. If you are unable to do the old reset trick, that would mean that the battery on the back of the chip has to be replaced. You would be able to purchase a replacement battery from your local market/store.

-CISINKS
docwatson99

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2014, 12:14:44 AM »

How do I extract that battery from the chip? Undecided
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2014, 05:57:47 PM »

Hello,

Can I have your email address? I can send you photos on how to remove the battery from the chip frame.

-CISINKS
docwatson99

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2014, 09:16:33 PM »

docwatson99@yahoo.com
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2014, 03:24:06 PM »

Hello,

I have sent you the photos.

If you have any questions feel free to contact us.

-Joseph
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length