Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 04:21:36 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Epson Printers
| | |-+  Stylus 1400 Photo drools blue & bands it in hi-quality
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Stylus 1400 Photo drools blue & bands it in hi-quality  (Read 229 times)

bachware

« on: February 24, 2014, 08:08:18 PM »

I have the older refillable cart. set (bought 1/27/2010). When I print via Photo or Best Photo mode, there seems to be banding in the blue sky of the printout, with drooling of blue ink on it. This doesn't seem to happen in regular-Q mode. Also, when I power down the printer and turn it back on after refilling cartridges, I don't see the ink levels update. Suggestions? Thanks! Please send me a heads-up when you reply, to cud@bachware.com.

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 03:41:00 PM »

Hi there,

I have actually seen this before, the solution to this problem was updating the printer driver to the latest version. For some reason, older version drivers were instructing the printer to release too much ink, to the point where the cartridge could not compensate for the amount or overcompensated.

Since the driver instructs the printer on what to do, that would be the first place to start.

Also going to into the drivers advanced setting, you're able to fix the coloration.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length