Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 09:29:59 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Canon Printers
| | |-+  Support Code 1683 MG5420
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Support Code 1683 MG5420  (Read 200 times)

xyberz

« on: June 30, 2014, 09:25:05 PM »

Ok, I bought the CISS in February for my Canon printer and I've had headaches with this thing since day one.  I've only gotten it to print out maybe about 100 pages correctly since I've had it and all the other times I've had to do countless cleanings, cartridge removal and reinstallations, and the problem seems to be getting worse.  I've wasted so much ink trying to get this thing to print out right.

I've downloaded the video from Youtube to watch at least 10 times before I even attempted to install it just to make sure that it's not "user error". 

Now I'm stuck on Support Code 1683 which is saying that the magenta and cyan cartridges need to be replaced since it can't properly detect ink levels. 

The CISS is on the same level surface as the printer and the ink tanks have ink inside them. 

I have no clue on what to due as I've taken these two cartridges out maybe 100 times now and put them back in, while on, while off, and nothing is working.  It's driving me nuts!  I feel like I should've just bought the cartridges that allow you to refill using the syringe. 

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 06:00:16 PM »

Hello,

If the error message is showing that it is unable to detect the ink levels you will be able to disable the ink monitoring which I will include a Youtube link below on how you are able to do this step.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxH-duFl5E8&list=UURXwC1iPJWAyuyqUFKHmxXw&feature=share&index=73

Depending on what other problems we can definitely attempt to help you out.

-CISINKS
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length