Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2014, 11:50:40 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Hewlett-Packard Printers
| | |-+  HP Officejet Pro 8600: Needs cleaning cycle every few days
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: HP Officejet Pro 8600: Needs cleaning cycle every few days  (Read 150 times)

vonmatt

« on: July 04, 2014, 02:17:16 PM »

I have a set of refillable cartridges for my HP Officejet Pro 8600.  After installing and going through a cleaning/aligning cycle I get good output.  However, after not printing for a day or two the colors are washed out.  Once I go through another cleaning cycle the quality is back to normal again.

This process repeats itself again and again.  If I don't print for a day or two I have to do the cleaning cycle.

This issue only appears with the refillable cartridges. Other prefilled cartridges don't suffer from this problem.

Any recommendations?

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 03:20:27 PM »

Hello,

Have you removed the air vent plugs from the cartridges? Also do you see a good nozzle check pattern when you print with the cartridges?

-CISINKS
vonmatt

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 02:30:58 AM »

The air vent plugs have been removed from the cartridges.  Also, the final print quality is fine according to the print quality diagnostic page.

Here is a link to a few pictures that illustrate the issue.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzWM0VheQZDyUDlTcm14cTltZW8&usp=sharing

The first picture shows a page after the printer has not been used for a few days.  The next three pictures show the results of the 3 cleaning cycles.  Then there is a diagnostic page after the cleaning cycles have completed.  Finally, I print the original document again, and it turns out fine.

cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 12:37:45 PM »

Hello,

Can you go into the printer settings to see if there is an option for Print quality and also one for paper type? If you find an option for print quality you want to make sure to select 'best or HP photo quality' and for the paper type you can select 'hp photo paper'

-CISINKS
VOD

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 10:51:43 PM »

Hello vonmatt,

CIS admin gives you a very good option, but as you might have noticed it does not change the need to continuously have to go through the head cleaning process. Very simple answer based on other forums and personal experience, this type of system is designed to be used continuously therefore, it will be a problem that has not been corrected because you have to first think about physics and simple hydraulics. Has anything changed since your last air vent plug removal? btw, which one did you move? the one in the back of the cartridge? or the tanks?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length