Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 07:47:05 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Epson Printers
| | |-+  Epson XP-310 Ink cartridges not recognized
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Epson XP-310 Ink cartridges not recognized  (Read 8968 times)

erevillac

« on: January 14, 2015, 12:11:24 PM »

Printer cannot recognize black ink cartridge in my CISS. I tried to reset it in many ways but nothing seems to solve the problem. Pushig the reset button at Ciss, I can see how blk icon in the lcd changes, but error persists. I also tried putting off the printer and reinstalling the cartridges, without any  result. I wish to know if it is due to a bad chip, or procedure. The CISS model for the XP-310 doesn´t comes with a battery like the others, it is right?. I would like to be sure I have the complete stuff.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 10:55:45 AM by erevillac » Logged

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 04:46:12 PM »

It looks like it is a bad chip, you would need to get that replaced. If you order has not been 60 days old, we can send out a chip for you for free. Please email us or call us at 626 575 0860.
drsquash

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 12:44:18 AM »

yep i just got my ciss system and get the same thing really not happy at the moment
herman

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 09:36:22 PM »

I get the same message. Ink cartridges not recognized. Is there anyone there that  had success with xp-310? They even sent me a replacement chips but still no luck.  Anyone has any other ideas like maybe a hidden reset on the printer. And also how come on other website there is a battery connected to the white pins.
Thanks
herman

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 12:12:20 PM »

Has someone tied this with the battery? On other websites they sell this system with battery included maybe thats the reason why its not working.
herman

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 02:10:13 PM »

After researching about epson xp310, some say that the new firmware must be causing the problem, you can downgrade firmware using wicreset tool and then you have to buy the key to use it.
Hello Admin, can you confirm this one please..
My epson xp310 version is OJ23E4 released on 11-21-14
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 04:56:01 PM »

Hello,

There are a various reasons to maybe why the chip is not recognizing inside the printer .

First, here are the easiest solutions to the most common issues/fixes.

It's possible that the chip may need to be re-aligned, so removing them and re-installing them back onto the cartridges will re-align the position of the chips. I would then take some rubbing alcohol and clean the contacts on the print head, just to remove any residue that may be on the chip, blocking the transmission to the print head. 

Here is a video on how to remove and re-install the chips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTSrd9I3ZBM

If this does not solve the issue, then you may need to perform a Hard Reset, which WILL REQUIRE the Original Epson Cartridges. 

Hard Reset :

Take out cartridges,

Then Unplug the printer,

wait 15-30 seconds,

Then plug into the printer,

Plug OEM's back inside,

Let them recognize, then plug our CISS cartridges back in.

Lastly, if this does not work, I would recommend contacting us to get your chips replaced.

It's very likely that the firmware is blocking the chips from reading into the printer, but these are the most common fixes that we have to get the systems working.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length