Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 11:57:23 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Hewlett-Packard Printers
| | |-+  Cannot reprime ink cartridges
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cannot reprime ink cartridges  (Read 2176 times)

someguy03

« on: September 29, 2010, 08:40:10 PM »

I bought the $80 Continuous ink System for HP Office Jet 6000, 6500 printers CIS CISS

This is my 3rd CISS installation, first CISS from CISinks, and it has been nothing but problems. I installed the chips correctly and it detects the cartridges but...

The ink does not flow correctly, colors are all wrong, etc. Worked for about a week. Have done print head cleaning several times. I want to reprime the cartridges with the provided syringe but there doesn't seem to be an extra hole on the cartridge for me to do so. How do I remove air from the cartridges without an extra hole?

The printer also makes a grinding type noise when it is preparing the ink cartridges after I put the cover back down, is this normal? It's not horrible sounding, but odd. I don't remember if it did this before
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 08:49:38 PM by someguy03 » Logged

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 02:32:47 PM »

There is a way to prime cartridges that have a sponge on the bottom of them.  I need to make a video to show our customers how to do this.  But here are the basic procedures:

Tools needed:  Syringe (provided) and a good amount of napkins.

1. Take the cartridges out and flip them upside down so the sponges are facing the ceiling.
2.  Prop them up on your desk so you can use both of your hands.
3. Remove the air filters for each color from the ink tank reservoirs.

Now comes the tricky part where you have to 'flood' your cartridges to get rid of air within the system.

4. Put the syringe into the small hole (where the air filter was at) of the color you want to prime.
5. SLOWLY...and I repeat...SLOWLY push air through the system with the syringe. Some ink will come out of the cartridge where the sponge is at, which you will have to soak up with the napkin.
6.  Once the color is 'primed', then quickly put the PLUG (not the air filter) back where the air vent hole is located. 
7. Repeat this procedure for the other colors.

As far as the grinding goes, you might have to look into that and ask yourself some questions (1)  Did the tubing get caught before, which might have messed the printer up? (2)  Is there something caught on the track within the printer that is causing the grinding noise? or (3) Is my printer a 'lemon'?

If anything, you can always e-mail us with your contact number and we can give you a call to troubleshoot you through your problems the best we can.  E-mail us at sales@cisinks.com.   Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length