Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 31, 2014, 04:18:15 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Epson Printers
| | |-+  Artisan 50 - Ink cartridges not recognized.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Artisan 50 - Ink cartridges not recognized.  (Read 5702 times)

KatzinAZ

« on: November 12, 2010, 11:47:23 AM »

The ink cartridges on my CIS system are not recognized after installation.

All appear to be seated tightly - all clicked in.

Per other forum answers, I have tried calling support for assitance, but was only able to leave vmail.

Any help greatly appreciated.

-KatzInAZ

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
KatzinAZ

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 12:12:13 PM »

Resolved.  Turns out that 2 of the computer chips were falling off the ink containers.  Once I reattached them, and reinstalled, all appears to be working fine.

Will update should anything change.
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 03:07:45 PM »

Several of our customers have encountered this problem when using Windows 7 as well.  We have these customers update their printer driver on Epson's website and the chip recognition problem was fixed.   
soulsisterd

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 08:59:37 PM »

Hello I just purchase the Continuous System and installed as directed. Everything clicked in. Was ready to print and received the error Ink cartridges not recongnized. I pulled everything out to make sure that the chips were on and they where. Still No go. Then I went to Epson and updated my software still NO GO. HELP PLEASE. Which end is for the refill the side wth the "RED" knobs or the plastic pull ups?
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 05:19:19 PM »

@ soulsisterd:  Please e-mail us with your phone number at sales@cisinks.com and we'll give you a call to troubleshoot your problem with you.  Hope to hear back from you soon!    Cheesy

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 09:33:56 PM »

I got CISS a month ago and had no problems until this week.

1) The tips where the lines go in to the cartidges broke off. I some what fixed this problem by pulling out the tips and place the line in to the cartridge using the rubber gassket that comes with it.

2) Ink cartridges not recognized. This was only the Light Cyan. I took them out moved the chip around place back in the printer. Same msg pops up. So I go to epson website and download the driver update. I turned it off and on also..
Nothing.
I am stuck now.  ???Any Ideas?? Thanks
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 09:37:10 PM by 2080 » Logged
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 04:20:07 PM »

@ 2080:  You can fix your broken tubes, but this requires us to send you a couple replacement parts.  Please e-mail us directly at sales@cisinks.com with your phone number and we'll give you a call.  Be sure to restate your problem and provide us with the last 5 digits of your order number.  Thanks!
owl

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 03:31:04 AM »

Epson R280  drivers updated for window 7 OS
installed per pdf & video
removed lid,
cartridge cliked in
ink shows empty?

have i just wasted $60

cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 08:25:12 PM »

@ owl  Please e-mail us with your contact number so we can assist you over the phone.  There are a couple questions we need to ask you in order for us to be able to troubleshoot you efficiently.  

sales[at]cisinks.com

Hope to hear back from you soon!

CisInks Customer Service Team
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 01:20:54 PM by roy » Logged

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 02:09:02 AM »

I got the new reset button  CISS for the Artison 50. and I have reset the drivers and everything and i set everything up the same as the others. But the are still not  recognized. Am i missing something?
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 06:06:29 PM »

The trick with the reset button version is to make sure that your chips are clean by wiping it down with a napkin and rubbing alcohol and to make sure that all the cartridges are 'clicking' into place.  Check out this video

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8DU7Vx_O1M" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8DU7Vx_O1M</a>

Hopefully Epson didn't do anything special to your printer to prevent you from using a CISS system.  E-mail us your contact number along with your order number if you are still encountering problems.  Mention this forum post so we can post the final solution to the rest of the community.  Thanks!  Sales@cisinks.com
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length