Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 28, 2014, 07:05:38 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Epson Printers
| | |-+  'End of Service Life' Error Explanation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 'End of Service Life' Error Explanation  (Read 2745 times)

cisinks
Administrator

« on: November 15, 2010, 02:29:00 PM »

If you get this message, it means that your printer is being worn down and you have to either:
(1)  Replace your printer or
(2)  Take your printer to a Epson service technician. 

Here is a link on Epson's Official Explanation on why you are encountering this message:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/InkPadsForm.jsp

This is one of the drawbacks from using Epson printers, but luckily most of their models are not expensive.  Also keep in mind that even though most HP and Canon printers have replaceable printheads, the printheads themselves tend to cost as much as the printer itself!   Wink

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 04:17:15 PM »

Our R280 had encountered this "End of Service Life" error and I was able to stuble upon this website, where it directed me to a spot on Epson's website to download a software to reset the printer.  It seemed to have fixed the problem for now, but we still have to test it out.  We'll follow up a week/month from now to let you guys know how well it works.  All credit goes out to wasteink.co.uk!  Grin

http://www.wasteink.co.uk/service-required/

1/5/11 Follow Up:  The printer kept getting the same error so we ended up putting it to the side until we have time to fix it.  When we do, we will try to use the utility from the official Epson website.  Here is where you can download the "Epson Ink Pads Reset Utility"http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/InkPadsForm.jsp
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 02:30:46 PM by cisinks » Logged
mrjoshcarlson

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 11:50:23 PM »

I've received this message on my Epson Artisan 730.  I'm a bit surprised, because it hasn't been used very much.  I paid for a program that was supposed to reset the relevant counter (WicReset), but it's not working.  Is it the ink waste pad that's the problem?  There's some kit on eBay that extends the life of your ink waste pad.  It doesn't seem like I should have to throw the printer away after moderate use.
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 02:56:48 PM »

Hello Josh,

I've had many Epson printers here and I've run into that problem with pretty much all of them. Some with moderate use other with heavy use. It's just the way that Epson makes their money. Unfortunately, not all reset utilities work and the printer probably can't be used without it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length