Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 30, 2016, 02:50:06 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Epson Printers
| | |-+  WF3520 "cannot recognise blue cartridge
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: WF3520 "cannot recognise blue cartridge  (Read 3843 times)

cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2014, 07:22:44 PM »

I would recommend getting chips. The cartridges seems to be fine and you only have an issue with recognition, replacing the whole system is not necessary.

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
docwatson99

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2015, 02:09:57 PM »

What does it take to get a new set of chips?
docwatson99

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2015, 10:16:12 PM »

Well I've been somewhat disappointed with this second set of refillable cartridges, and the response from CIS.  So I suppose I should give good news when there is some.  I saw on the forum someplace a user that "reset" his cartridges after every refill.  I've not seen that instruction any place but I decided to go whole hog and went out and acquired a complete set of new batteries.  I replaced the battery in each cartridge one at a time, then refilled it, then "reset" it.  When I installed the first one it came up OK!!  The second and third and fourth worked fine also.  I'm now up on a complete set of refillable cartridges for the first time in many months.  PTL!!!  In Jesus name they will continue to work for a long time. Smiley
xopher1977

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2015, 11:51:19 AM »

Same issue here.  First it was the Cyan cartridge that could not be recognized, now its the entire set.   Sad

I lost count of how many times I seated, re-seatted, cleaned and re-cleaned the contacts on the cartridges.  Nothing seems to work.

The printer still recognizes my original cartridges just fine, so at least I know its probably not the printer itself, but the original cartridges don't have any ink so I can't print anything right now.  

Already sent an email to customer service.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 11:53:06 AM by xopher1977 » Logged
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2015, 05:38:48 PM »

The best option is to get chip replaced with a new one. Another work-arounds would be to do a hard reset on the printer that taking out the cartridges from the printer and unplugging it from the power source from about 15-30 mins. Restart the printer and install EPSON cartridges. After the EPSON cartridges are recognized, prompt a cartridges replacement and install the CISS cartridges and see if they would be able to recognize. This is not going to be a 100%, but there is a big chance that it will get the cartridges  recognized again. The best option would be to get the chip replaced still.
docwatson99

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2015, 09:04:28 PM »

I now have a black cartridge that can't be recognized.  I refilled it, replaced the battery, and reset it, but it still can't be recognized.  Any suggestions?
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2015, 07:19:02 PM »

Hello,

What you can try to do is clean the chip with some rubbing alcohol and then see if the chip needs to be re-aligned.

Normally you can remove the chips from the cartridge and re-install them so that they may read better inside the printer.

You can also try cleaning the pins on the printhead to allow a better transmission.

See if these steps work.
docwatson99

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2015, 08:45:18 PM »

I'm not sure how helpful this will be to anyone else, but I'll throw it out there just in case.  I have a WF-3520 which has the refillable cartridges, that I have had more problems with than I would like (see previous posts).  I also have a WF 7520 which prints larger paper, but I don't use it that much so I haven't acquired the refillable cartridges for it yet (they are the same cartridges for both printers).  We recently did a lot of printing on the 3520 (70 ml of black ink in 3 days).  We were seeing the same "can't recognize" message several times.  When I couldn't get the black to work I pulled out the black cartridge from the big printer and it worked in the small printer fine.  Our of curiosity I put the defective black cartridge into the big printer and it worked fine there??!!  So I swapped them back and now the black refillable works fine in the small printer also.  Over the course of the next three days this "solution" worked more than once for me.  I don't know if the 7520 handles cartridges differently, but it corrected the issue every time I've tried it so far??
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length