Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 07:04:30 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Epson Printers
| | |-+  Modding Epson Atisan 710 - 810 Case for CIS ink tubes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Modding Epson Atisan 710 - 810 Case for CIS ink tubes  (Read 1303 times)

primeshaw

« on: November 19, 2010, 03:13:49 PM »

Modding your printer case so CIS tubes do not kink.
I am a Model Maker by trade, I can provide a video if you are unsure how to do this.
You need two tools to do this, the propane torch is optional.
Start by scribing a cut line at indicated by the photos using the exacto knife.
Cut the plastic starting from the top using the cutters, they must be the same cutters I show.
Remove plastic to make room for ink cables.  Use exacto knife to carefully clean up your opening.
OPTIONAL WITH EXTREME CARE
 Use the torch to “flame polish the edges”.  Only do this if you have done this before, it’s not needed to make this solution work.
Keep the ink reservoir on the same level as the printer, air in the line is OK and this will clear in time.
Make sure you install the little 1 way air filters into the ink reservoirs, you need to create a vacuum.
You just voided your printer warrantee, Congratulations!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 03:31:06 PM by primeshaw » Logged

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 05:01:41 PM »

I've seen a couple other videos for the Artisan 710 that don't require that much modification to route the hoses.  Check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDDqMOjqDnc
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length