Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 12:54:03 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Epson Printers
| | |-+  photo 1400 and color errors
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: photo 1400 and color errors  (Read 1969 times)

jcfromnj

« on: December 01, 2010, 10:20:18 AM »

Well I've been up and runnning now for several months problem free ,until yesterday.

I don't know if this a printer problem, or the CIS system. Color registration is off in that nothing in the Magenta (RED)
of a photo will print, there is a green and yellow tint overall. Black print will print fine. I've done everything from cleaning the heads to refilling the cartridges and nothing seems to correct the problem.

Where do I start at to determine if I have a printer or cartridge issue ?

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 04:18:49 PM »

If there one color isn't printing, then most likely there is something obstructing it from flowing.  First, you should make sure that all the air filters are installed into the ink tanks (they go into the smaller hole).  Then go through these steps to get the color going:

1)  Take the cartridges out and locate the little 'spikes' inside the printer carriage that 'poke' into the bottom of the cartridges and draw ink from them.
2)  Take a napkin with a little bit of rubbing alcohol in it and 'wipe down' the spikes, focusing on the color that isn't coming out.  Try not to get rubbing alcohol into the 'spikes'
3)  Reinsert the cartridges back in.
4)  Print several images that has a lot of the color that isn't printing out. 
5)  Do one head cleaning.
6)  Repeat step 4, step 5, and step 4 one last time.
7)  Let the printer sit for 4-5 hours so the color can fill up on the print head. 
Cool  Finally print this test page located at this URL

http://www.psc-consulting.ca/fenske/coloradj.gif

You will be able to print out after this, but if the color is coming out streaky, then step away from the printer for 4-5 hours to allow the printhead to soak up the ink.  Then repeat these steps again.

Let us know if how this turns out or if you have any questions in regards to these steps.  Hope you have a great day!
markie_oliver

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 01:27:40 AM »

mine is slightly different, i'm having a problem with my colors specially with the skin tone. i did everything i could, i even bought a colormunki just to address the problem but i got no luck. im using the pigment ink from cisinks.com and red river matte papers and i never had a decent print. waste of money and paper.
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 03:05:10 PM »

@ markie_oliver:  What software are you using to print your pictures?  I tried printing photos with photoshop and the color is way off (using dye ink), but when I save the image as a jpeg, open it up with windows live photo gallery and print off of that, the colors come out correctly.  Try printing your images using other software to see if it will correct this problem.  Let me know how it turns out!   Wink
jcfromnj

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 07:09:31 PM »

Well, it looks like the color issue's have been resolved. Cleaning the print heads may have been an issue. Reinstalled all the drivers,
and for now everything seems to running well. The may be some Epson Equipment issue's though. For what this is worth, the CD print
door tray doesn't fit snug on the right side, and if it is not secured tightly, it will jam and the print head will sit properly if there was too
much grinding of the head. This may or may not be due to removing the cartridge cover to fit the cartridge system. I get some ink leakage once in a while on the printout's, not sure where this coming from.

Epson support is the worst ever for such high priced equipment. Emails have never been returned with support questions.  I would not recommend Epson Equipment in the future, as you are on your own if you encounter problems. When the printer works well, it gives good results, but if you encounter problem's, you are on your own.
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 04:58:00 PM »

I believe that majority of the printer manufacturers have bad customer service.  To take care of the leakage, we recommend that you take the cartridges out and soak up any extra ink you see within the ink carriage.  Afterward, push that carriage over and wipe down any extra ink you see within your printer before you install the cartridges back in.  You will be able to isolate where any leakage is coming from easier if it keeps leaking. 

I'm wondering how you are able to hook up your CIS system without removing the cartridge cover lid.  I've seen the 1400 in person before and it seems that this lid would crimp the hoses.    Huh
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length