Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 10:25:04 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Canon Printers
| | |-+  cis instructions for mx860
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: cis instructions for mx860  (Read 1659 times)

rv4jesus

« on: August 31, 2010, 11:43:35 PM »

Does anyone have instructions on how to set the cis ink system up with the Canon Pixma MX860 printer. The instructions furnished with the system and online that I was referred to don't include this model though the ink system was sold as made for it. I don't want to damage the printer and am getting frustrated.  I searched on youtube and online and came up empty too. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 07:34:54 PM »

Unfortunately, Canon designed the MX860 to be really difficult to install a CIS system into  Angry, so major modifications are necessary in order for you to install the CIS system into.  One of our friendly customers was nice enough to make some detailed instructions (with pictures) specifically for this model.  E-mail me at sales@cisinks.com and I can send these instructions to you. 

If you don't want to do these major modifications (which will void any warranty on your printer), then I would suggest to return the system and replace it with refillable cartridges. 

abaloneink

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 01:54:43 AM »

I have to admit, if I had known then what I know now I would have purchased the refillable carts instead of the CIS system. Finding out AFTER the purchase that I had to cut the heck out of my printer was very unsettling. Then only after making a special request for the instructions. Then I found that the instructions sent were a "trial and error" effort that I did not completley need nor did I follow left me a tad dissatisfied.

However, dremel in hand I set out and after the installation was complete the system worked fine.

I now have a problem with a tube, it rubbed the head mount and has a hole in it. I'm not crying faulty part or anything, but I need to replace either that one tube (blue) or the tubing assembly.

I don't find these parts listed for purchase, please contact me so I can get replacement tubing.
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 04:41:29 PM »

We actually don't sell the tubing for the system.   Sad  The only thing I can recommend is to wipe down the tubing and use some type of epoxy that would seal up the hole.  Afterward, you can readjust the tubing so the tubing won't rub against the printer housing as much.  It is well known that installing a system in a Canon is difficult because they tend to be non-friendly when installing a CIS system.  Which is why we recommend to customers to get refillable cartridges instead unless they are willing to do these modifications. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length