Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 11:40:59 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Canon Printers
| | |-+  MP500 final step: resetting the chip
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: MP500 final step: resetting the chip  (Read 1001 times)

feeboo

« on: March 11, 2011, 11:57:44 AM »

So I filled the cartridge and put it into the printer and the light is flashing still. I can't understand the engrish of the manual though. I'm running Windows7 64bit. How do I reset the cartridge so that the ink level check is disabled? Thank you kindly. Once I get this resolved I will leave positive feedback. Haven't yet because I don't know if the product works yet.

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 05:33:11 PM »

Hello Feeboo!

Sorry for the late reply.  I try to stay on top of the forum but sometimes it takes me a couple days to get to it because we are helping customers via e-mail and phone.  The main question I would have to ask you is if you are using original chips or if you are using our auto-reset chips.  If you have a product that uses the original Canon chips, then you would not be able to reset the chip, but it will also not 'lock-up' your printer and cause you to not print anymore.  If you have a product that uses our auto-reset chips, you can only reset the ink levels when your printer is really low on ink.  You would do this by taking the cartridges out for a couple seconds and then install it back in. 

I hope  you were able to fix your system by now, but if not, please e-mail us with your phone number and order number so we can give you a calla and help troubleshoot your printer for you.  sales@cisinks.com
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 05:37:38 PM by cisinks » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length