Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 08:15:11 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Epson Printers
| | |-+  Workforce 40 does not recognise any cartridges
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Workforce 40 does not recognise any cartridges  (Read 1104 times)

argeetee

« on: May 05, 2011, 01:53:20 PM »

I have read through the other posts and tried all of the suggestions (wiping with tissue, wiping with rubbing alcohol, using an eraser) but with no success.  I have tried to find some magic combination of pressing the On/Off and low ink buttons along with powering off and on from the power source but still no success.  Any suggestions?  I really want to get this working as the economy of CISS is outstanding

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 08:34:57 PM »

If you look at the cartridges of the CIS system, there are 'plastic arms' that lock the cartridges into place when you insert them into the printer.  If these arms are not clicking into place, then the printer can not read them. 

One trick to get them to lock into place is to use your right hand to push down on the cartridges, and use your left hand to CAREFULLY push on the plastic arms AWAY from you (towards the back of the printer).  You should hear a pretty distinct 'click', which tells you that you inserted them correctly. 

If you are still having problems, please e-mail us with your contact number and we'll give you a call to troubleshoot you over the phone.  Hope that helps!

sales@cisinks.com

CisInks Customer Service Team
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length