Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 01:08:24 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Canon Printers
| | |-+  Cannon IP4200
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cannon IP4200  (Read 1035 times)

kiddagn

« on: July 03, 2011, 09:25:25 AM »

Having a hard time with the colors printing.  When I do a nozzle check red & yellow don't print correctly.  When I do an alignment it says there is a clog.  If I remove the CIS and clean everything put the old cartridges back in everything works correctly.  Start again with the CIS and again red & yellow seem to have an issue.  I've cleaned the system dozens of times and done nozzle checks dozens of times. In fact I've used half the ink in the side tanks. Yellow and red are going somewhere because those tanks are around the same level as the others but when it shows up on the paper for the nozzle check it is either non existent or has lines in it. Yellow being the worst it's usually non existent.  Also when I remove the CIS cartridges i remove all the parts to the CIS system and also pull up the print head area there is a ton of black in pooled on the head after using the CIS system that doesn't seem to happen with the regular cartridges.  Yes I keep the side tanks on the table even with the printer I haven't moved them through this whole process.

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 05:41:29 PM »

Here is a general guideline that you can do to see why you are unable to print out certain colors. 

1)  Take the system out and soak and wipe up any excess ink within your 'cartridge carriage' and 'printer well' with napkins.  Sparingly use 'rubbing alcohol' to wipe down areas to really clean stubborn areas. 
2) DO NOT do more than 1-3 head cleanings per 'printer troubleshooting session'.  If printheads are clean, there is no need to 'over-clean' them, for it can cause pools of ink to appear, much like in your situation. 
3) ENSURE that the air filters are correctly installed into the proper slot on top of the 'ink tank reservoirs'.  Not having them installed is the typical cause of a printer not being able to print certain colors.
4) Take the system out and make sure that there is ink in the "Magenta" and "Yellow" cartridge.  If there is no ink in there, follow the instructions in this video

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg2lk4lou2Q" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg2lk4lou2Q</a>

5) EMAIL US with your contact number so we can assist you over the phone if you have any questions or concerns PRIOR to doing any of these steps. 

sales@cisinks.com

Hope this helps out!  Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length