Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 08:13:14 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Epson Printers
| | |-+  pigment ink
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: pigment ink  (Read 2819 times)

theholly44

« on: May 18, 2011, 01:38:49 PM »

I have an Epson 710 and have been using pigment inks for over a year. My black stopped working. How do I trouble shoot this. I tried the usual cleaning with no results. I tried printing full pages of black (10 times) but no results. the pages are slightly streaked with grayish lines at best... Embarrassed Huh

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 08:27:08 PM »

If there one color isn't printing, then most likely there is something obstructing it from flowing.  First, you should make sure that all the air filters are installed into the ink tanks (they go into the smaller hole).  Then go through these steps to get the color going:
1)  Take the cartridges out and locate the little 'spikes' inside the printer carriage that 'poke' into the bottom of the cartridges and draw ink from them.
2)  Take a napkin with a little bit of rubbing alcohol in it and 'wipe down' the spikes, focusing on the color that isn't coming out.  Try not to get rubbing alcohol into the 'spikes'
3)  Reinsert the cartridges back in.
4)  Print one nozzle check; find out which color isnít coming out.
5)  Do one head cleaning.
6)  Repeat step 4 and compare it with the first nozzle check.
7)  If it looks the same, do one more head cleaning.
7)  Let the printer sit for 4-5 hours so the color can fill up on the print head. 
Cool  Finally print this test page located at this URL

http://www.psc-consulting.ca/fenske/coloradj.gif

You will be able to print out after this, but if the color is coming out streaky, then step away from the printer for 4-5 hours to allow the printhead to soak up the ink.  Then repeat these steps again.

Let us know if how this turns out or if you have any questions in regards to these steps.  E-mail us with your contact number if you are still encountering any problems so we can give you a call and assist you over the phone. 

sales@cisinks.com

CisInks Customer Service Team
jcfromnj

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 04:19:44 PM »

Those ink cart's need to be replaced with new one's at least every six month's. They clog up the print head with gunk if you don't replace them....
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 06:30:09 PM »

You also have to note that pigment ink is thicker than dye ink and will tend to cause more clogs, which require you to do the "tune-up" steps above to get you going again.  Also, inkjet printers require you to print a page or two at least 1-2 times a week and not leave your printer idle, or else you will encounter these issues.  We recommend to print out some coupons when you go out to eat or do some shopping!   Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length