Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 03:38:09 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to CISinks.com forum!
Continuous Ink System       Refillable Cartridge       Bulk Refill Ink       For EPSON       For HP       For Canon       For Brother      
+  CISinks.com Forum for Continuous ink system, refillable ink cartridges and bulk refill ink for EPSON, HP, Canon and Brother Inkjet printers
|-+  Troubleshooting and Installation Instructions
| |-+  Epson Printers
| | |-+  Epson CX-3810 ink type?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Epson CX-3810 ink type?  (Read 964 times)

G. Willikers

« on: August 08, 2011, 05:44:27 PM »

I have an Epson CX-3810 All-IN-ONE printer. I'm interested in ordering a refillable cartridge set for it. CSIinks lists a set with the inks that that comes with Dye Based ink but the Epson site says that DuraBrite ultra ink is Pigment based ink. I'd appreciate advice on this especially if your using the dye based ink in one of these Epson machines that call for DuraBrite ultra ink . Thanks for any comments...Jeff

Continuous Ink System    Refillable Cartridge    Bulk Refill Ink    For EPSON    For HP    For Canon    For Brother   
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 08:23:46 PM »

I looked up Epson's website on their DURABright Ultra Ink, which does claim to be pigment-based.   You have a valid concern about putting dye-based ink into your printer when Epson uses this special ink.  The only thing we can state regarding this issue is that we have been selling this 4-color dye-based ink to our customers for over 3 years and haven't had any major complaints with our customers regarding quality or color. 

The main difference between pigment vs dye is that pigment is 'water-proof' when printing on regular copy paper.  So if you print using their ink and use a wet hand to wipe across the paper, the ink shouldn't bleed.  The opposite would occur when using dye ink.  We tested both types of ink on photo paper and both of them don't bleed.  We believe this is due to the printing material itself. 

Another difference between pigment and dye is that pigment has a more archival quality and last many years.  Here is a very useful article that explains the difference between the two inks.  http://www.macworld.com/article/54216/2006/12/inktype.html

Once again, a lot of our customers find that dye-based ink suit their printing needs.  If you tend to print a lot of photos and would rather use pigment-based ink, we highly recommend to use a 6-color Epson printer.  We only carry pigment ink for 6-color Epson printers.  If you are hoping just to save money on your every day prints, dye-based ink should be sufficient enough to support your needs.

Hope this helps give you a better explanation and assist you in making  a better purchasing decision.  Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

CisInks Customer Service Team
G. Willikers

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 04:38:50 PM »

Thanks for the Dura Bright information. This Kit ([Refillable Ink Cartridge KIT] for Epson C88 CX3800 CX3810 CX4200 CX4800 CX5800 CX5800F CX7800 C88+
[D04-EC88 has turned out to be very good in my Epson CX3810 All-IN-One. When I first put the refillables in I had some lines of text that had lines in them like the print head needed cleaning. I did 2 nozzle checks and 2 head cleanings already with several hours in between. So I went out and bought another machine and let the Epson sit for about 2 weeks. I decided to plug the Epson back in and check it and "wallah", its printing perfect.  Any way after printing several pictures and text docs, I'm a happy camper. The dye ink has been printing very well on the plain paper printing I do. Iíve never tried the photo paper yet. (Note-these cartridges are slightly smaller in height than the OEM cartridges but they snap in and work well)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 06:34:38 PM by G. Willikers » Logged
cisinks
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 06:01:57 PM »

Glad everything worked out!  I realize that this might have been a little bit more effort that your originally wanted to put forth, but it will all pay out in the long run!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length