At certain wavelengths, UV is mutagenic to bacteria. This reaction changes the mutation rate of viruses and other microorganisms. Particularly at wavelengths around 260 nm–270 nm, UV breaks molecular bonds within microorganismal DNA, producing thymine dimers. Thymine dimers are photochemical reactions that Ultraviolet light induces that can kill or disable the bacteria, viruses, and other micoroorganisms.
The WYZworks UV sterilizer provides CE certified (International safety compliance standards) sterilization of aesthetician, manicure/pedicure instruments, electrodes, cupping glasses, brushes, sponges, scissors and other assorted salon materials. It is commonly used in hair salons, nail beauty salons, sauna shops, and hotels. The unit comes equipped with two set it forget it times of 8 and 30 minutes and will automatically shut off when cycle is complete.
- Superb UV sterilization – The cabinet houses a premium, high-output, long-life , ultraviolet bulb. This bulb outputs a disinfectant, germicidal light that kills most micro-organisms.
- Sterilizer cabinet, designed for eliminating bacteria. Transparent door allows for checking the sterilizing process.
- Auto shut-off: Automatically switch off the ultraviolet light when open the door.
- The sterilizer features a protective shielded door that blocks the UV rays from escaping the unit.
- Suitable for use with tools and instruments made of glass, metal, plastic and other materials
- Store tools and instruments in a sterilized environment.
Type: WYZworks Sterilizer
Plug Standard: US Plug
Rated Voltage: 110/220V 50-60Hz
Item Size: Approx. 16.5 x 12 x 11.5" inches (L/H/W)
Item Weight: Approx. 9 lbs
UV Light Lifespan: Over 1000 hours UV Light Wavelength:
Unlike wet heat methods, this Dry Heat Sterilizer requires no routine cleaning, and easy storage.
Note: Safe Handling: Please refer to WYZworks User Manual for proper handling instructions before using The WYZ-STERILIZER-KA-208.